Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawnmarie72

Vitamins And Shampoo

My grandma was diagnosed over 2 years ago. We watch everything we eat and use. She still has breakouts. We are beginning to wonder if it's not her vitamins and supplements. Maybe even her shampoo. She also has osteoporosis and must take calcium. Does anyone have the name of some safe vitamins and calcium supplements. Also, brands of shampoo that are safe? We are about at our wits end. Help please

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Freeda vitamins are safe as well as dove shampoo. I'm not sure if all dove products are ok, so look at the labels. Freeda is sold online at www.veganessentials.com (I think it's .com) They may be sold elsewhere. I know the gluten free store in Vancouver WA sells some but don't know where you live.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

try www.kirkmanlabs.com - they make vitamins that are gluten (and other allergen) free. I like them a lot.

also, www.gfsoap.com makes gluten free shampoos, soaps, conditioners, lotion, etc.

Is everything safe from cross contamination in the house (i.e., no double dipping in butters or mayos), no crumbs, not using the common toaster to toast 'her' food, etc? (just double checking!)

Hi Dawnmarie,

A couple of suggestions that are available at the drugstore--

Centrum Advanced Vitamins are gluten-free.

Dove will clearly label any gluten on the bottle.

A lot of Neutrogena products are gluten-free--they're also clearly marked.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Jamieson vitamins indicate if they are gluten-free right on the bottle.

http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/index.asp

I use Thermasilk shampoo with no problems. I've also heard that Dove will clearly indicate gluten on their ingredient lists.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

My grandma was diagnosed over 2 years ago. We watch everything we eat and use. She still has breakouts. We are beginning to wonder if it's not her vitamins and supplements. Maybe even her shampoo. She also has osteoporosis and must take calcium. Does anyone have the name of some safe vitamins and calcium supplements. Also, brands of shampoo that are safe? We are about at our wits end. Help please

I drink vitamin water. It was the only way I could find a multi vitamin without iodine.

Hi there,

You´re best to check the label of the vitamins: make sure there are no coloring, flavors as well.

The same goes for the rest...

I had a hard time finding gluten-free iodine free multi vitamins. Iodine exasserbates the skin condition. I finally found vitamin water. I've run it past 2 doctors and a pharmacist. All seem to think it is a good alternative.

I have celiac and found that wal-mart has gluten free multi-vitamins.Make sure you get century,i buy the one's that are family size(300).Good luck.