Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfp

Christmans In Melbourne ?

Firstly whereabouts in Melbourne are you staying as I may have local suggestions.

We are floating between Murumbeena and East Malvern...

Great .... Im off to check those links right now :D

ps any news on the Heinz ketchup?

We are floating between Murumbeena and East Malvern...

Great .... Im off to check those links right now :D

ps any news on the Heinz ketchup?

You should try Pizza Piazza in Chapel Street as it is very close to Malvern area (10 minutes drive) or on the tram/train.

As far as I know Heinz Ketchup is okay - I know that Heinz tomato sauce is fine and that is pretty much the same - just check the ingredients.

Remember that all labels in Australia must state if there is an allergy causing substance such as wheat, milk, nuts etc.

Also if you see something which has Dextrose (from wheat), Caramel (from wheat) or Glucose Syrup (from wheat) these are OKAY as they contain no detectable gluten.

Remember that all labels in Australia must state if there is an allergy causing substance such as wheat, milk, nuts etc.

This is one of the best things about Australia (okay lots of things about it are great)...but it's sooo nice to know that gluten must be stated on a label.

In November I traveled for three weeks by car in Australia from Sydney to Brisbane and then over to the east coast of Tasmania. Overall I was astounded at how often I saw the words

In November I traveled for three weeks by car in Australia from Sydney to Brisbane and then over to the east coast of Tasmania. Overall I was astounded at how often I saw the words