Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookie03

Lumi

First of all, i have to give all the credit to Jillian (jkmunchkin) who sent me to this restaurant to begin with. I went to Lumi for dinner last night (upper east side- 70s/lex) and had the most amazing gluten-free meal!!

I was with my parents, neither of whom adheres to a gluten-free diet, and both absolutely loved the food. I ordered off the gluten-free menu, and as soon as i asked for it, the manager came over and told me all about their gluten-free pasta, how it is imported from italy and how they tried so many kinds until they could find the perfect kind. He says he lives for that moment when celiacs come in and try it for the first time b/c he loves to see the smile on their faces. I felt so comfortable ordering there, because he really seemed to understand-- he checked in with me several times to make sure i enjoyed everything.

This restaurant was wonderful, the service impeccable and the gluten-free pasta, well, it was the best pasta dish ive ever had (at least that i can remember, i havent had gluten in 1.5 years)! Anyone who is looking for a nicer gluten-free restaurant in NY must go here! Thanks Jillian :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

YAY!!! I'm so glad you finally got to try Lumi and loved it as much as I do. I agree, they are soooo incredibly nice there. I can't remember the managers name, I want to say it's something with a V, but yes he is super sweet. Everytime I eat there I definately feel very well taken care. It's such a warm, comforting atmosphere; and ofcourse the food is incredible!

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne