This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten V/s Crack

Electra

Electra Enthusiast

Ok I've never been on crack or any other non prescription drugs before but yesterday when I filled up on Gluten to see if I could envoke some sort of reaction my body went absolutely wild. About 3-4 hours after I had eaten the symptoms began and as the day went on they got worse and worse until I was at a point where I almost felt like I was on some sort of drug like Harroin or Crack. I swear I've never been on anything like that, but if I had to describe it I'd say it was like coming off from a drug you are addicted to!! I had the shakes, I was so nervous I couldn't stop pacing, my leg swelled all up and got numb, my mind was racing so fast I couldn't concentrate at all, and there were a ton of other symtoms too!! I'm still pretty new to all this, but wouldn't that be a positive result? I only want to be tested because if it's not Gluten then it could be something else neurological and I need to know what it is so I can either treat it or learn how to manage it. If I get a false negative how am I going to deal with still NOT having a diagnosis? This is just all way too scary for me!!

What if my daughters test results do not prove she has this? Then what in the heck is her rash caused by? Man I just can't immagine this being anything else!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Budew Rookie

No doubt gluten can evoke many different reactions. So do many other food. Legumes, other grains, lactose, nightshades, and salicylates could all be culprits.

I had numerous rashes. Finally I discovered white potato to be the source of the itch.

Guest nini

if your daughter's tests come back negative, that does not ever completely rule out Celiac or gluten intolerance. The testing is still not specific enough or sensitive enough (despite what the medical community still asserts) to detect all cases of celiac or gluten intolerance, so even if her tests are negative, that just means "not positive" but she could respond amazingly well to the diet.

As to your other question, OH YEAH gluten poisioning feels like being drugged... (unfortunately I DO know... B) ) Very disconcerting feeling...

Archived