Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mellajane

They Effect Me

I was diagnosed in 2004.. I am very allergic to wheat. I started following my diet very reguraly and noticed I was still having some side effects..I remembered when I was with a nurse she mentioned whatching my cosmetics and perfumes...She did mention Clinique specificlly. Unfortunatley for me all I use to use was clinique... Sad very sad.So I then proceeded to check my shampoo Biolage and realized it has wheat germ oil.. And so does my massage oils.. When I stopped using these products my symptoms went away.... Amazing right... Now what shampoos does everyone use.. I found some but they are expensive and hard to find.. I need a good shampoo... HELP

"There is always a Brighter side to every situation"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi :)

I use (and love) ShiKai Everyday Shampoo and Conditioner. I find them at either Whole Foods or Wegman's. Some of their products contain gluten, so you have to read the labels--the two I use are fine.

Good luck with finding products that you like.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I used to use Alterna Caviar, but they added wheat!!!! <_< This time I'm trying Kenra. So far I like it ... it's available at salons.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

i use Redken Fresh Curls. :) i used to love their All Soft, but it's got wheat in it. i had to stop using Bumble & Bumble because of the wheat in some products. but Redken works well, also Garnier Fructisse. and it smells yummy! i buy that at Wal-Mart; the Redken i get at my salon. glad that your symptoms went away!

diagnosed 8/05 through positive bloodwork & biopsy

gluten-free since then!

"Those who are willing to be vulnerable move among mysteries." Theodore Roethke

I use Suave or Dove... Cheapest of the cheap... They are both gluten free. As always, check all ingredients first.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I use the shampoo and conditioner from www.gfsoap.com .

I'm really sensitive and will sometimes get gluten reactions to shampoos even if there are no gluten ingredients listed. A lot of Pantene is gluten-free, but my hair looks awful when I use it, although it works great for most people.

After experimenting with a lot of mainstream brands and either getting a reaction or not being happy with how my hair looks, I went back to using the ones from www.gfsoap.com. That's what works best for me.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I love Redken anything...minus the all soft of course...maybe I'm biased because that's what we sold when I worked in a salon but I love Redken

Lisa

gluten-free since~November 30, 2006 (yes I know not long)

trying to stay away from milk