Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bonnieboo

Undigested Food

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It is not uncommon, roughage is very hard to digest. If you are new to healing, it may pass through fairly quickly.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

mine has had all sorts of funky things in it...somethings I don't even remember eating AT ALL...

Lisa

gluten-free since~November 30, 2006 (yes I know not long)

trying to stay away from milk

This is all a learning process. To be frank: (who is frank, anyways??, frank, who?)

Sometimes within 12-24 hours, I can see what I ate. (got the drift?)

Sometimes is see what I remember as normal (can't identify)...that's a good thing.

When you see what you consumed, back off of that and go back to the basics, rice, fish, meat, veggies and other simple foods.

When I was sick, it took about 20 minutes for the entire meal to pass, totally undigested. With no villi, my lunch went slip slidding away. :unsure: "Slip-Sliddin-Away"... Great song, I may add. I think it should be our theme song.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

this can happen to anyone, celiac or not.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

yeah, and we LOOK at it.... :P

You mean...most people don't???? :blink:

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I just had to post this morning. Always had a problem with not digesting certain foods (corn, for example), but never lettuce. Until today! Last night's dinner was there--including the lettuce. I have been eating lots of gluten to prepare for the endoscopy, and I swear things are getting worse the more gluten I eat. I can't wait to go off of it again and see what happens to my body!

Dx'd with lymphocytic colitis 1/07

Dx'd by Enterolab 3/07--+IgA, +Ttg, DQ2 and DQ8

Dx'd celiac by Dr. Lewey 4/07--without +blood or biopsy

gluten-free 3/7/07

It is not uncommon, roughage is very hard to digest. If you are new to healing, it may pass through fairly quickly.

With celiacs it's not only roughage. It's pretty much everything. The reason is, because your intestines can't actually process the food, because they are damaged. I had that, too, when I wasn't diagnosed yet. It disappeared after a few weeks already on the glutenfree diet. Now I have a real normal stool, unless I get glutened by accident. The only thing that shows up undigested NOW sometimes is salad actually. Not always, though.

Hugs, Stef

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA