Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookie03

Risotteria

Sorry if this has already been posted, i was away this weekend, but i just read that Risotteria was shut down by the health department??? Does anyone know what's going on? I was there the other day and had a great meal, as always...but that area apparently is getting slammed by the health department ever since the taco bell rat fiasco a few weeks ago. I just heard that John's (the pizza place) and Risotteria were shut down temporarily. I hope they figure it all out soon, i cant live without my risotto!!!

On a more positive note, has anyone been there on a Thursday lately? Apparently on thursdays they have sicilian pizza and eggplant parmesan! I cant wait to go!!! (assuming they work out their issues with the DOH) :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Well the good new is it's temporary. It's down the block from the Taco Bell/KFC, so apparently they are basically shutting down nearly every restaturant down there.

I found a bunch of articles and blogs on it but this one was almost kinda funny.

http://newyorkpress.com/blogx/display_blog.cfm?bid=87081400

Thanks for letting us know Stef. And thank G-d it's only temporary.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Hey Stef (and everyone) -

I just wanted to let you know I saw a blog where the owner of Risotteria posted that they will re-open this week. Phew!!!

Jillian

Inflamed stomach lining

Tarrytown, NY

Hey Stef (and everyone) -

I just wanted to let you know I saw a blog where the owner of Risotteria posted that they will re-open this week. Phew!!!

That's great news, i dont think i could deal with it closing down permanently! I love that i'm so unconcerned with the health of the restaurant itself, i just keep thinking "Please re-open - no one cares about passing inspection!" lol

That's great news, i dont think i could deal with it closing down permanently! I love that i'm so unconcerned with the health of the restaurant itself, i just keep thinking "Please re-open - no one cares about passing inspection!" lol

LOL!! My sentiments exactly!! You should have heard me last night on the couch with Chris. I'm sitting there saying I don't care if it's dirty, they make the most incredible gluten-free pizza! The DOH is missing the point here. Hehe!!

Jillian

Inflamed stomach lining

Tarrytown, NY

Please keep us in the loop when it opens. We live in Toronto and Risotteria made our last visit to NY so awesome, we're planning another visit.

Thank you for answering all the questions I never thought to ask.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)