This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Just Diagnosed..

Guest Courtlynn

Guest Courtlynn

Hii:) I got my diagnosis of celiac march 27th.. blahh.

I THINK I've been "gluten free" for about two weeks now.. everything as far as FOOD goes at least.. all organic meats and veggies & fruits & stuff like that. I just learned about the shampoo and makeup and toothpaste etc tho.. but my concern is that i'm not really showing all that much improvement yet. I know it takes a while, and I'm probably over-reacting but I'm new at thiss:) ha. The night sweats are gone THANK GOD!!:) but I still wake up early in the mornings having to go the bathroom for a while.. :( and I'm still tired a lot.. and still losing weight, 12 pounds in 3 weeks & I'm little to begin with! any advice at all with ANYTHING is appreciated. Thankss

xoxo,Courtlynn

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Welcome Courtlynn

It is often recommended that someone beginning the gluten free diet, that they eliminate dairy for a while. When there is some healing, then reintroduce it gradually.

The most important thing for you to do now is learn. There is more information here about celiac than you can imagine. Read, read, read.

Again, welcome

JerryK Community Regular

I've been Gluten Free for a bit over two months. I still am noticing improvement. Although I've caught a cold the last couple days, I'm even noticing a difference in my cold symptoms.

Usually colds would wipe me out completely, I notice now, since I'm not already half beaten to

death by gluten, I don't feel as bad as I would have. Subjective I know, and open to debate, but I

seriously believe this to be true.

I've noticed a dramatic increase in well-being etc...I just recently posted a week 8 update, so I

don't want to repeat myself. Suffice it to say I'm no longer a slave to the bathroom and I can now

go for my 6 mile runs with confidence :lol:

Also, on the subject of Lactose Intolerance, did you guys know that 80% of the world's population is Lactose Intolerance? Lactose Intolerant is the norm for aduts of non-european decent. I had no idea until I "wiki'd" it. Thought that was pretty interesting. In the US we consider Lactose Intolerance a medical problem, but most other places of the world, Lactose Tolerance is considered abnormal.

Anyway, the whole gluten-free thing will become second nature to you. You will rapidly learn what you can and can't eat and it will get easier.

j

Jo.R Contributor

It took awhile for me to notice more energy. I'm still not a 100%, but continuing to feel better. I can have dairy, just not a ton, but I have problems with fresh veggies. Well cooked is ok, but the fresh ones kill me.

Just remember, your intestine is damaged and will need time to heal. How long that takes depends on your health, how bad it's damaged, how long it's been damaged.... In the meantime your body is not absorbing nutrients efficiently. As you heal your body will absorb more efficiently. Also, you may be having problems with digestion because your intestine is so damaged, and you may, for the time being, have issues with different foods. There also seems to be a lot of people who develop issues with other foods on a permanent base. If you look at peoples signatures many have to avoid other foods besides gluten.

Good luck, it's hard in the beginning, but the pay off is so worth it.

MO3 Newbie

I THINK I've been "gluten free" for about two weeks now.. everything as far as FOOD goes at least.. all organic meats and veggies & fruits & stuff like that. I just learned about the shampoo and makeup and toothpaste etc tho.. but my concern is that i'm not really showing all that much improvement yet. I know it takes a while, and I'm probably over-reacting but I'm new at thiss:) ha. The night sweats are gone THANK GOD!!:) but I still wake up early in the mornings having to go the bathroom for a while.. :( and I'm still tired a lot.. and still losing weight, 12 pounds in 3 weeks & I'm little to begin with! any advice at all with ANYTHING is appreciated. Thankss

xoxo,Courtlynn

The older you are the longer it takes. Some people don't notice any improvement until after two months or more. Don't forget to check your vitamins for gluten.

wowzer Community Regular

Don't forget to check your other medications too. You can go to glutenfreedrugs.com and check. I just found out I was taking one for three months that may contain gluten. I quit taking it and and I noticed my skin doesn't seem as dry. Since it was my estodiol, I'm hoping the night sweats won't come back because of hormones though. Keep up the good work, it does get better. Wendy

NoGluGirl Contributor

xoxo,Courtlynn

Dear Courtlynn,

Yeah, it can take a bit to notice a difference. Try not to get discouraged. It is exhausting trying to remember everything you need to be careful about. You are not being paranoid at all. I do not think you can be too careful. There are some great things that we can have. I put asterisks by the foods with dairy that you may want to cut out for a while until your system gets better. Later you can add them back in (only one at a time, like a small cup of pudding) and no more for a few days. That way, if there is a delayed reaction, you will know what caused it.

I have a list that should really help. This is overwhelming. I went through this with myself six months ago. You spend most of your day cooking and cleaning obsessively. The rest you are on the phone with reps from companies trying to find out what is safe. I decided to save you the trouble!

1. There are a number of things in the regular grocery that are safe. Some things are labeled already. Wal-Mart's Great Value brand has numerous things you can eat.

2. For the love of God use Coupons on items you are allowed to eat. People can get them and print them out online even. Call some of the local stores and ask if they accept online coupons.

3. Check the ads online and in the newspaper. You would be surprised how many people do not do this.

4. Some items like rice flour and rice noodles are safe to buy at the Chinese or oriental market. The merchants are more than happy to help you if you cannot read the label.

Now, here is my list of great things to get you started:

Condiments:

Smart Balance Margerine

Crisco Shortening

Crisco Oil

Pompeiian Olive Oil

Great Value soy sauce

Heinz Ketchup

Lea & Perrins Worchestershire Sauce

Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce

Kraft French Fat-Free Salad Dressing

Kraft Thousand Island Fat-Free Salad Dressing

Pace Picante Sauce

Ortega Salsa

All Classico Red and *White sauces

All Jif Peanut Butters including Smooth Sensations

Welch's Grape Jelly

Cool Whip*

Philadelphia Cream Cheese*

Miracle Whip

Daisy Sour Cream (fat-free, low-fat, regular)*

Snack Foods:

Fritos (some reactions were reported from members on these due to shared lines.)

Tostitos (some people have reported reactions to these because they are made on shared lines.)

Lay's Original Potato Chips Stax are the only ones made on dedicated lines.

Cool Ranch Doritos (Nacho cheese has gluten)*

Act II Microwave Popcorn

Cheetos*

3 Musketeers candy bars *

Butterfinger candy bars*

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups*

Meat and Protein :

Eggs

Great Value Frozen Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts

Extra Lean ground beef

Carl Buddig lunchmeats all are safe

Johnsonville Original Bratwursts*

Kraft Cheese Shredded or sliced (Kraft is a great company, they never hide gluten in their labels. If it does not say wheat, barley, oats or rye, then it is not in there!)*

Cereals:

Cocoa Pebbles

Fruity Pebbles

Dora The Explorer Cinnamon Stars

Seasonings:

Durkee Cinnamon-ground

Durkee Ginger-ground

Durkee Chili powder

Durkee Vanilla Extract (in fact, all of their liquid flavorings, food colorings, and extracts are g.f.)

Emeril's Essence - Asian, Italian

Ortega Taco Seasoning (In fact, since they are under a very strict labeling policy, all of their products are gluten free at this time)

Miscellaneous:

Ortega Taco Shells

Starkist or Great Value Tuna

Butter Buds

Great Value Soy Milk

Lettuce

Tomatoes

Apples

Pears

Carrots

Great Value Canned Fruits and Vegetables

Del Monte Canned Fruits and Vegetables

Ore Ida Tater Tots

Ore Ida French Fries

Hormel Chili

Hormel Spam

Hormel Turkey Spam (Oven Roasted and Smoked)

Hormel Beef Au Jus Entree

Hormel Pork Au Jus Entree

Jimmy Dean Fresh Taste Fast Sausage (links, rolls, and patties)

Plumrose Bacon

PAM Non-Stick Cooking Spray (all except for PAM for baking; it has flour)

Beverages:

Coca-Cola (Diet, Regular, Vanilla, Caffeine Free)

Diet Rite

Folgers Coffees (all including Cappuccinos)

Luzianne Tea (We get decaf)

Arizona Teas

Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice

Some Household Items that are safe include:

Cascade Dishwashing Detergent

All Laundry Detergent

Wisk Laundry Detergent

Dawn Dish Soap (all including the Power Disolver)

SoftSoap Hand Soaps

Murphy's Oil Soap

Hygiene, Cosmetics, and Beauty Items:

Dove Soaps, Shampoos, Conditioners, Lotions, and Styling Aids (Will clearly label gluten if present)

Crest Whitening Expressions Toothpastes

Colgate Toothpastes

Suave Soaps, Shampoos, Conditioners, Lotions, and Styling Aids (Will clearly label gluten if present)

Maybelline (Gluten is clearly labeled when present)

CoverGirl (Gluten is clearly labeled when present)

Wet'n Wild (All except for one of the mascaras)

Olay Quench Body Lotion

Crest WhiteStrips

Colgate Simply White

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. You are in the U.S. right? If you are in Canada instead, let me know. Some of the products on this list are not safe for us there. Different ingredients are used.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

isiskingdom Contributor
Dear Courtlynn,

Yeah, it can take a bit to notice a difference. Try not to get discouraged. It is exhausting trying to remember everything you need to be careful about. You are not being paranoid at all. I do not think you can be too careful. There are some great things that we can have. I put asterisks by the foods with dairy that you may want to cut out for a while until your system gets better. Later you can add them back in (only one at a time, like a small cup of pudding) and no more for a few days. That way, if there is a delayed reaction, you will know what caused it.

I have a list that should really help. This is overwhelming. I went through this with myself six months ago. You spend most of your day cooking and cleaning obsessively. The rest you are on the phone with reps from companies trying to find out what is safe. I decided to save you the trouble!

1. There are a number of things in the regular grocery that are safe. Some things are labeled already. Wal-Mart's Great Value brand has numerous things you can eat.

2. For the love of God use Coupons on items you are allowed to eat. People can get them and print them out online even. Call some of the local stores and ask if they accept online coupons.

3. Check the ads online and in the newspaper. You would be surprised how many people do not do this.

4. Some items like rice flour and rice noodles are safe to buy at the Chinese or oriental market. The merchants are more than happy to help you if you cannot read the label.

Condiments:

Smart Balance Margerine

Crisco Shortening

Crisco Oil

Pompeiian Olive Oil

Great Value soy sauce

Heinz Ketchup

Pace Picante Sauce

Ortega Salsa

Welch's Grape Jelly

Cool Whip*

Miracle Whip

Snack Foods:

Fritos (some reactions were reported from members on these due to shared lines.)

Tostitos (some people have reported reactions to these because they are made on shared lines.)

Act II Microwave Popcorn

Cheetos*

Butterfinger candy bars*

Meat and Protein :

Eggs

Extra Lean ground beef

Kraft Cheese Shredded or sliced (Kraft is a great company, they never hide gluten in their labels. If it does not say wheat, barley, oats or rye, then it is not in there!)*

Cereals:

Cocoa Pebbles

Fruity Pebbles

Seasonings:

Durkee Cinnamon-ground

Durkee Ginger-ground

Durkee Chili powder

Durkee Vanilla Extract (in fact, all of their liquid flavorings, food colorings, and extracts are g.f.)

Ortega Taco Seasoning (In fact, since they are under a very strict labeling policy, all of their products are gluten free at this time)

Miscellaneous:

Ortega Taco Shells

Butter Buds

Great Value Soy Milk

Lettuce

Tomatoes

Apples

Pears

Carrots

Ore Ida Tater Tots

Ore Ida French Fries

Hormel Chili

Hormel Spam

Plumrose Bacon

Beverages:

Diet Rite

Arizona Teas

All Laundry Detergent

Wisk Laundry Detergent

SoftSoap Hand Soaps

Murphy's Oil Soap

Dove Soaps, Shampoos, Conditioners, Lotions, and Styling Aids (Will clearly label gluten if present)

Colgate Toothpastes

Suave Soaps, Shampoos, Conditioners, Lotions, and Styling Aids (Will clearly label gluten if present)

Olay Quench Body Lotion

Crest WhiteStrips

Colgate Simply White

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. You are in the U.S. right? If you are in Canada instead, let me know. Some of the products on this list are not safe for us there. Different ingredients are used.

Dear NoGluGirl:This is my first time here I was just diagnosed on Tue with celiac disease. My head is spinning I was already on a low fat diet due to gall bladder removed. I took them 2 yrs to find that and then I had a blood test done for celiac and came back pos. So I went to the store and I looked at so many labels it made me dizzy the dietitan has not called me yet and we have no support group out here where I am so I'm very happy to be here and very thankful that u posted this list. I did want to ask on the Crest Whitning Expressions. When I went to the site it said it did have gluten in it ? I have so many other questions and I'm sooooo hungry please help!! :huh:

Londoner Newbie

xoxo,Courtlynn

I'm new at this too. I was diagnosed Feb 07 with blood test & positive biopsy. I feel overwhelmed even tho have seen a nutritionist which helps. I'm so scared of eating something with wheat in by mistake - eating's not fun any more. I have been invited to a friend's in May for lunch with several others & am wondering how to tell her I can only eat certain foods without sounding as if I want her to change everything for me. Any ideas? Also, I don't know how to find details on cosmetics, toothpastes, shampoos etc., to know what to use. Do you (or anyone) have any info on this. Thx.

Jestgar Rising Star

Wow! Welcome to the board everyone!

I don't know about the Crest, but I do know that eventually you get comfortable with what foods you can eat without question. M'n'Ms are gluten free, at least in the US.

As for eating out with friends, I'm much more comfortable with it now, but at first I would make sure I had a snack before I went so I could be calm while discussing my new diet with my friends. If your friend is preparing food you could make some suggestions that would be hard to contaminate. Salad with chicken. Fruit salad. Everyone make your own tacos. Or ask if you can make the lunch with her - it could be fun.

Susanna Newbie

Hey, Courtlynn--Sorry you're having a tough time. I've been a nurse for >20 yrs, and I can tell you that once a bowel gets messed up (sick, injured, infected, inflamed, whatever), it takes a LONG time to correct, even with correct treatment. So, stick with the gluten-free diet, but understand that it may take MONTHS, depending on how damaged your gut was a the time you went gluten-free, to heal and function normally again.

Also, know that you will grieve your old favorite foods, and this is normal--stash gluten-free sweets (might I recommend Baby Ruth Bars?) that you can grab when someone eats some gluten snack in front of you and you feel lonely and deprived.

I agree with avoiding dairy for a while--it's hard to digest. Give your poor ailing gut a break from it until you're feeling better. Almond milk on cereal is not bad. Rice dream is a great alternative to ice cream. Soy cheese (Veggie Singles brand) is great in sandwiches and on burgers.

Potentiate your general health: eat enough, hydrate, sleep enough, engage in recreation activities, reduce the stress in your life.

If after 3 months of eliminating all gluten (not just the dietary gluten but also the hidden gluten in envelope glue, some lotions and lip glosses, communion wafers, etc.) you don't notice some improvement, see your doctor again. I think highly of naturopathic doctors--I think they look at the whole human mind+body+spirit, and sometimes can help pinpoint a problem better than modern western doctors can.

Here are some meal ideas:

Breakfast:

eggs, turkey bacon, gluten-free cereal, cream of rice cereal, rice pudding with raisins-yum! For grab n' go breakfast, hard boiled eggs, piece of fruit, cottage cheese and yogurt stirred together. Most yogurts are gluten-free.

Lunch:

cold cuts and cheese rolled up in a lettuce leaf

rice cake with peanut butter and raisins, or almond butter and dried cherries

rice cake with cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes

beef jerky (read labels--the ones soy sauce have wheat and these aren't OK. Bridgford Original is OK, Kroger Peppered Beef jerky is OK) I have this in my desk at work and it is a lifesaver--great for camping, too.

Fruit: fresh, canned, dried

Tortilla chips and bean dip

Hard boiled eggs

leftovers from last night

Several Progresso soups are gluten-free: Creamy mushroom (a lifesaver for me in cooking quick dinners), chicken and wild rice, etc. READ LABELS.

Snacks:

Fritos

Cheetos

Tortilla chips

Most potato chips

popcorn

mixed nuts

trail mix (read labels)

gluten-free candies I mentioned above

Lara Bars

Some flavors of Zone Bars (Fudge graham, chocolate coconut crunch, chocolate almond raisin)

Dinner:

Main dishes: omelets, baked salmon with olive oil/salt/pepper, baked chicken with Progresso creamy mushroom soup with a little sour cream stirred in and poured over, grilled hamburgers (use giant lettuce leaf as a wrap, tacos with corn tortillas, split pea soup, etc. Most Classico pasta sauces are gluten-free

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Hello to all our new members! You're in the right place! For now, everyone is right about being nice to your body. Laying off the dairy is a good idea. Also try to find a gentle probiotic at your local health food store, the clerks are usually quite willling to call and find out if they're gluten free if it doesn't say on the label. While you're at the health food joint, any self-respecting one will have a gluten-free section. Stock up on pasta (We think Tinkyada is the best brand) and frozen breads that look appealing to you -Glutino and Kinnikinnick are the general favorites. Make sure you have portable food too, safe trail mix and gluten-free cereal bars and such, you'll be surprised at how much TIME it takes to figure everything out. Remember that spelt, oats, rye and barley are BAD. A lot of times they throw stuff that's just wheat free into the gluten free section. Also, on the homepage of this website if you scroll down is a list of safe and unsafe ingredients, I printed it out and carry it in my purse. That way I ALWAYS know whether something is safe. And drink lots of water, all that D probably has you dehydrated!

holdthegluten Rising Star
Dear Courtlynn,

Condiments:

Smart Balance Margerine

Crisco Shortening

Crisco Oil

Pompeiian Olive Oil

Great Value soy sauce

Heinz Ketchup

Pace Picante Sauce

Ortega Salsa

Welch's Grape Jelly

Cool Whip*

Miracle Whip

Snack Foods:

Act II Microwave Popcorn

Cheetos*

Butterfinger candy bars*

Meat and Protein :

Eggs

Extra Lean ground beef

Cereals:

Cocoa Pebbles

Fruity Pebbles

Seasonings:

Durkee Cinnamon-ground

Durkee Ginger-ground

Durkee Chili powder

Miscellaneous:

Ortega Taco Shells

Butter Buds

Great Value Soy Milk

Lettuce

Tomatoes

Apples

Pears

Carrots

Ore Ida Tater Tots

Ore Ida French Fries

Hormel Chili

Hormel Spam

Plumrose Bacon

Beverages:

Diet Rite

Arizona Teas

All Laundry Detergent

Wisk Laundry Detergent

SoftSoap Hand Soaps

Murphy's Oil Soap

Colgate Toothpastes

Olay Quench Body Lotion

Crest WhiteStrips

Colgate Simply White

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

What does the asterisk mean next to some of the items?

NoGluGirl Contributor
Dear NoGluGirl:This is my first time here I was just diagnosed on Tue with celiac disease. My head is spinning I was already on a low fat diet due to gall bladder removed. I took them 2 yrs to find that and then I had a blood test done for celiac and came back pos. So I went to the store and I looked at so many labels it made me dizzy the dietitan has not called me yet and we have no support group out here where I am so I'm very happy to be here and very thankful that u posted this list. I did want to ask on the Crest Whitning Expressions. When I went to the site it said it did have gluten in it ? I have so many other questions and I'm sooooo hungry please help!! :huh:

Dear isiskingdom,

I was told by a company representative when I called that Crest Whitening Expressions were safe. However, if you found on their site they have gluten, maybe that is what has been bothering my stomach? :blink: I was doing great the first couple of months, then I started to feel bad again. I am obsessively careful. I was told that their Pro-Health Rinse was not safe. I won't use Listerine either, because they refuse to even test for gluten. I have too violent a reaction to gluten, so I will not risk it. Some members on here have told me, they use it with no trouble, though. Don't worry. I know what you are going through! It is tough! It is a huge adjustment! I know for sure all Colgate toothpastes are safe! ;) Don't panic, it will be alright! Just ask me anything, and I will try to answer to the best of my abilities! I know how hard it is to go gluten-free and low-fat. It is difficult. Some of the breads we are allowed to eat have 6 to 9 grams per slice! :o I had my gallbladder out as well. That complicates things. Gallbladders going bad is caused by Celiac, too!

Dear Londoner,

See my list above! There are a number of widely available items for us to use! Stick with Suave and Dove for Shampoos, Conditioners, Styling Aids, Soaps, and Lotions. If it is present, it will clearly be labeled on the package! I use L'Oreal Vive Pro Conditioner and Tresseme ColorThrive Shampoo. Most of the Tresseme products seem to have wheat in them. You have to really read labels carefully! Cosmetic companies that clearly list gluten if it is present included Maybelline and CoverGirl.

Wet'n Wild has almost everything gluten-free, except for one of the mascaras. I hope that helps you.

Dear holdthegluten,

Sorry I forgot to tell you what the asterisks meant! I cannot believe I did that! They are there to mark things that contain dairy in any form. A lot of us cannot tolerate it. It can be in some things you would not expect!

Dear All,

I need to correct something! A member reported just yesturday about Johnsonville Bratwurst.

She said despite it being on the Delphi List, it is not safe. It is made on undedicated lines. This leaves them open for cross-contamination. They make the gluten-free products on the same lines as the ones containing gluten!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

isiskingdom Contributor
Dear isiskingdom,

I was told by a company representative when I called that Crest Whitening Expressions were safe. However, if you found on their site they have gluten, maybe that is what has been bothering my stomach? :blink: I was doing great the first couple of months, then I started to feel bad again. I am obsessively careful. I was told that their Pro-Health Rinse was not safe. I won't use Listerine either, because they refuse to even test for gluten. I have too violent a reaction to gluten, so I will not risk it. Some members on here have told me, they use it with no trouble, though. Don't worry. I know what you are going through! It is tough! It is a huge adjustment! I know for sure all Colgate toothpastes are safe! ;) Don't panic, it will be alright! Just ask me anything, and I will try to answer to the best of my abilities! I know how hard it is to go gluten-free and low-fat. It is difficult. Some of the breads we are allowed to eat have 6 to 9 grams per slice! :o I had my gallbladder out as well. That complicates things. Gallbladders going bad is caused by Celiac, too!

Dear Londoner,

See my list above! There are a number of widely available items for us to use! Stick with Suave and Dove for Shampoos, Conditioners, Styling Aids, Soaps, and Lotions. If it is present, it will clearly be labeled on the package! I use L'Oreal Vive Pro Conditioner and Tresseme ColorThrive Shampoo. Most of the Tresseme products seem to have wheat in them. You have to really read labels carefully! Cosmetic companies that clearly list gluten if it is present included Maybelline and CoverGirl.

Wet'n Wild has almost everything gluten-free, except for one of the mascaras. I hope that helps you.

Dear holdthegluten,

Sorry I forgot to tell you what the asterisks meant! I cannot believe I did that! They are there to mark things that contain dairy in any form. A lot of us cannot tolerate it. It can be in some things you would not expect!

Dear All,

I need to correct something! A member reported just yesturday about Johnsonville Bratwurst.

She said despite it being on the Delphi List, it is not safe. It is made on undedicated lines. This leaves them open for cross-contamination. They make the gluten-free products on the same lines as the ones containing gluten!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Dear NoGluGirl: Here is the link where someone asked about gluten being in Crest products. This is why I am confussed.....Open Original Shared Link

X3B2PTEuMjM7Mi51MCZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9Mw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Guest Courtlynn

hey guys! wow thanks so much for all the advice!! i've cut dairy and soy out of my diet too since my last post & have noticed some relief:) but now i'm starting to notice other symptoms too? like everytime i'm driving it feels like my ribs are poking into my stomach/lung area.. (as pregnant woman say).. does this have anything to do with Celiac? Thanks again!:)

jmd3 Contributor

I called crest - they say all there products are gluten free - They don't regualry test for gluten though.

Here is the site that says that...perhaps copy and paste...

Open Original Shared Link

Hope that helps

NoGluGirl Contributor
I called crest - they say all there products are gluten free - They don't regualry test for gluten though.

Here is the site that says that...perhaps copy and paste...

Open Original Shared Link

Hope that helps

Dear jmd3,

Thank you for finding this! Maybe they changed the formula of the Crest ProHealth Rinse since I called. It was some months ago. I went gluten free in middle of August. That has been a while. This is good news! A lot of companies do not test specificially for gluten. Listerine is apparently safe, though. Some members on here told me they use it and have not had a reaction. I am just afraid to use anything not tested due to having such a bad reaction. After becoming ill from Tostitos recently, I make sure at the very least the places have dedicated lines!

Dear isiskingdom,

It is better to be safe than sorry! I understand the confusion. I have been quite confused on some of the products as of late. You hear a lot of mixed information. It is enough to make you completely freak! At least now we have an idea!

Dear Courtlynn,

I am glad you are feeling a little better. Remember, do not hesitate to ask when you have any questions! We do not mind helping! That poking sensation has occurred from time to time with me, too. I have no idea what causes it.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl Contributor

A member has asked me to post my list again, so here goes!

Condiments:

Smart Balance Margerine

Crisco Shortening

Crisco Oil

Pompeiian Olive Oil

Great Value soy sauce

Heinz Ketchup

Lea & Perrins Worchestershire Sauce (all Lea & Perrins Products are safe)

Pace Picante Sauce

Ortega Salsa

Welch's Grape Jelly

Cool Whip*

Miracle Whip