Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jorgenssen

Jamba Juice

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac, and i am currently living in France. I return to the states in one month and was hoping that i would still be able to get Jamba Juice. Does anyone know if these are okay to drink?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac, and i am currently living in France. I return to the states in one month and was hoping that i would still be able to get Jamba Juice. Does anyone know if these are okay to drink?

We have Jamba Juice all the time!! The stores list all ingredients and most of them are pretty good about clean surfaces...I for one, have never had a reaction to my JJ and they go down really easily---even on days when my stomach is a bit off!! My fav is the strawberry whirl--fresh and yummy breakfast!!

I've never had a problem either. I don't get the free "Boost" (and didn't before diagnosis either" so I don't know what is in that but they are good about CC, at least at my local outlets.

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

There is only one drink we can't get and we can't get wheat grass or the vitamin C boost.

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

There is only one drink we can't get and we can't get wheat grass or the vitamin C boost.

hm, so is wheat grass bad? cuz technically, isn't it grass?....

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

hm, so is wheat grass bad? cuz technically, isn't it grass?....

technically, it's the wheat grain, sprouted and grown. the chemical transition of gluten proteins from the grain into the blade of grass is an asypmtotic process, and you can't know exactly when it's "complete". and that's all assuming that it's harvested without ever getting an incompletely sprouted grain in the harvest as well.

wheatgrass is out.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

technically, it's the wheat grain, sprouted and grown. the chemical transition of gluten proteins from the grain into the blade of grass is an asypmtotic process, and you can't know exactly when it's "complete". and that's all assuming that it's harvested without ever getting an incompletely sprouted grain in the harvest as well.

wheatgrass is out.

k thx. didn't know that. probably why i haven't been feeling top notch lately <_< out goes my favorite drink (naked "green machine") :(

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.