Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chancer7

Gluten Free Cereal

We have tried our 4 year old daughter on several gluten-free cereal. She really does not enjoy any of them. Is there a cereal out there, that has been tried and tested, in which our wee girl will like ? Have heard somewhere about Dora cereal, we have no idea. Any help on this matter is great. Thanks !

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We have tried our 4 year old daughter on several gluten-free cereal. She really does not enjoy any of them. Is there a cereal out there, that has been tried and tested, in which our wee girl will like ? Have heard somewhere about Dora cereal, we have no idea. Any help on this matter is great. Thanks !

my daughter likes Post Fruity Pebbles and Post Cocoa Pebbles, Envirokids Gorilla Munch, and Nature's Path's Honey'd Corn Flakes... hope that helps

My son likes Gorilla Munch and he's not on a gluten-free diet. :)

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Newer Trix cereal is also gluten free. Just make sure that you read the label. My son likes Trix more than fruity pebbles. Other than that, I think the pebbles cereal is the best. My son doesn't really like the speciality gluten-free cereals either.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

I believe Trix just changed their formula and now use corn flour instead of wheat flour, but I would call them first to verify.

About the only use I've found for the gluten free cereals are to use the Enjoy Life Cranapple Crunch to mix in with my yogurt

The new new Berry flavored Peebles are gluten free as well. I also use cocoa peebles as a substitute to make rice krispie treats, they're pretty good

John

positive blood tests 2/07

positive endoscopy 2/07

colonoscopy with benign polyps 2/07

Dora's Cinnamon Stars! YUM!!!!!!!!

Amy

Gluten Free since 4/05 - adult onset

Symptoms for 4+ years prior

Immediate family tests negative

No Known family members w/ celiac disease

Dora is the best cereal ever!

gluten-free since 12/02/05

diagnosed by biopsy

inconclusive blood work

100% dietary response

We use Trix, Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, Dora cinnamon stars & Little Einstein fruity stars all without any problems.:) The only specialty gluten-free cereals we like are Panda Puffs (Peanut Butter) & Honey Rice Puffins. Buckwheat flakes taste great (maple taste) but are very hard.

Good Luck,

Deb

Misdiagnosed:

1979 w/ IBS (atypical) & idiopathic epilepsy

1980's acid reflux, chronic appendicitis

1991 chronic severe pain (thought to be related to injuries & compensation for injuries)

1995 gallbladder surgery

2003 exzema (not responsive to treatment)

2006 pain put me into electric wheelchair

Recurrent depression & anxiety (1975-2006)

Diagnosed w/ Celiac Disease Feb. 2007

I am currently off of all seizure & pain meds & doing GREAT! I am walking w/o even a cane. Sleeping in regular bed now w/ lots of pillows, but back on reflux meds.

Low Gluten since June 2006 (by accident) gluten-free since Feb. 2007

Other problem foods: Shellfish/iodine, dark green leafy vegtables, ie: spinach, tunip (greens as well as the root) I can cheat a little w/ spinach if it is raw. I love it in salads. Caffeine is also problem(fibroid cystic disease) & Nutrasweet causes me to have seizures.

Mother of 3. One w/ celiac disease & lactose intollerant, one non-sympomatic (allergic to blueberries, red #3 & red #33) & one thanking God he is adopted (though he is diabetic). I also care for toddler who is allergic to gluten, peanuts & soy. She is also lactose intolerant.

Trix is gluten-free again? Talk about a company that can not make up their mind. It was not gluten-free for a while,then it was, then they added wheat starch back in (one of the last ingredients on the list),and now your saying its gluten-free again? What about its burnt cousin, cocoa puffs?

As for the orginal questions... Cocoa Pebbles and Panda Puffs are my son's favorites.

- Vincent -

Daniel and I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard mention of Envirokids cereal. There's a health/supplement store about 2 minutes (walking) from my work, and I stopped in there today to find out if they have any gluten-free vitamins I could get for Daniel (the girl working there was VERY unhelpful...I don't think she knows what gluten is, she seemed somewhat confused) and on my way out, I saw the Envirokids cereal!! I'm so excited to try it! Does anyone know, are all flavors of that brand gluten-free? And, are there any you wouldn't recommend?

This is an excellent thread!!

~Girlfriend of Daniel, we suspect he may have celiac disease/GI

~Gluten & Dairy-free since 4/6/07

Daniel and I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard mention of Envirokids cereal. There's a health/supplement store about 2 minutes (walking) from my work, and I stopped in there today to find out if they have any gluten-free vitamins I could get for Daniel (the girl working there was VERY unhelpful...I don't think she knows what gluten is, she seemed somewhat confused) and on my way out, I saw the Envirokids cereal!! I'm so excited to try it! Does anyone know, are all flavors of that brand gluten-free? And, are there any you wouldn't recommend?

This is an excellent thread!!

The Gluten-Free Envirokids cereals are clearly labelled on the front. I believe that not all are. I like the Cocoa crisp flavor best, but I'm 31.

Teh Gorilla crunch is OK.

Funny story, I bought a box to leave at my In-Laws. When I went back there this weekend, it was gone. Apparently my 82 y.o. Chinese Grandma in Law loves envirokids now.

Geoff

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

Hahaha that's awesome! Maybe she should try gluten-free!! That's great!

Thanks for the info on Envirokids!

Sami

~Girlfriend of Daniel, we suspect he may have celiac disease/GI

~Gluten & Dairy-free since 4/6/07

Double check the ingredients but also Neopets Island Berry Crunch and Disney's Little Einstein cereal.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Can anyone give me a list of mainstream gluten free cereal? I know about all the specalty cereals, but I heard that coco pebbles was not gluten free. Can someone help?

Thank you! ;)

ALWAYS CHECK INGREDIENTS AS COMPANIES CHANGE RECIPES WITH OUT NOTICE

POST Cocoa Pebbles

POST Frutiy Pebbles

GM Dora the Explorer

Disney Little Einsteins

Disney Mickey Mouse Club (I think thats the name of it...)

NEW boxes of Trix are gluten free, again. just a few months ago this was not true, so probably plenty of old stock out there

Kroger Brand Fruity Pebbles

Those are the ones I know of as of the last time I was in the grocery store reading boxes. ALL have a chance of CC, so eat at your own risk. :)

- Vincent -