This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Cereal

Chancer7

Chancer7 Newbie

We have tried our 4 year old daughter on several gluten-free cereal. She really does not enjoy any of them. Is there a cereal out there, that has been tried and tested, in which our wee girl will like ? Have heard somewhere about Dora cereal, we have no idea. Any help on this matter is great. Thanks !

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pooter Newbie
We have tried our 4 year old daughter on several gluten-free cereal. She really does not enjoy any of them. Is there a cereal out there, that has been tried and tested, in which our wee girl will like ? Have heard somewhere about Dora cereal, we have no idea. Any help on this matter is great. Thanks !

my daughter likes Post Fruity Pebbles and Post Cocoa Pebbles, Envirokids Gorilla Munch, and Nature's Path's Honey'd Corn Flakes... hope that helps

missy'smom Collaborator

My son likes Gorilla Munch and he's not on a gluten-free diet. :)

JennyC Enthusiast

Newer Trix cereal is also gluten free. Just make sure that you read the label. My son likes Trix more than fruity pebbles. Other than that, I think the pebbles cereal is the best. My son doesn't really like the speciality gluten-free cereals either.

johnsoniu Apprentice

I believe Trix just changed their formula and now use corn flour instead of wheat flour, but I would call them first to verify.

About the only use I've found for the gluten free cereals are to use the Enjoy Life Cranapple Crunch to mix in with my yogurt

The new new Berry flavored Peebles are gluten free as well. I also use cocoa peebles as a substitute to make rice krispie treats, they're pretty good

amybeth Enthusiast

Dora's Cinnamon Stars! YUM!!!!!!!!

azmom Newbie

My kids enjoy EviroKids Panda Puffs and Dora Cinnamon Stars. Also, cream of rice hot cereal w/ a few chocolate chips mixed in to make it yummy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LLatham Apprentice

Dora is the best cereal ever!

cybermommy Newbie

We use Trix, Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, Dora cinnamon stars & Little Einstein fruity stars all without any problems.:) The only specialty gluten-free cereals we like are Panda Puffs (Peanut Butter) & Honey Rice Puffins. Buckwheat flakes taste great (maple taste) but are very hard.

Good Luck,

VydorScope Proficient

Trix is gluten-free again? Talk about a company that can not make up their mind. It was not gluten-free for a while,then it was, then they added wheat starch back in (one of the last ingredients on the list),and now your saying its gluten-free again? What about its burnt cousin, cocoa puffs?

As for the orginal questions... Cocoa Pebbles and Panda Puffs are my son's favorites.

I3Daniel Apprentice

Daniel and I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard mention of Envirokids cereal. There's a health/supplement store about 2 minutes (walking) from my work, and I stopped in there today to find out if they have any gluten-free vitamins I could get for Daniel (the girl working there was VERY unhelpful...I don't think she knows what gluten is, she seemed somewhat confused) and on my way out, I saw the Envirokids cereal!! I'm so excited to try it! Does anyone know, are all flavors of that brand gluten-free? And, are there any you wouldn't recommend?

This is an excellent thread!!

GeoffCJ Enthusiast
Daniel and I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard mention of Envirokids cereal. There's a health/supplement store about 2 minutes (walking) from my work, and I stopped in there today to find out if they have any gluten-free vitamins I could get for Daniel (the girl working there was VERY unhelpful...I don't think she knows what gluten is, she seemed somewhat confused) and on my way out, I saw the Envirokids cereal!! I'm so excited to try it! Does anyone know, are all flavors of that brand gluten-free? And, are there any you wouldn't recommend?

This is an excellent thread!!

The Gluten-Free Envirokids cereals are clearly labelled on the front. I believe that not all are. I like the Cocoa crisp flavor best, but I'm 31.

Teh Gorilla crunch is OK.

Funny story, I bought a box to leave at my In-Laws. When I went back there this weekend, it was gone. Apparently my 82 y.o. Chinese Grandma in Law loves envirokids now.

Geoff

I3Daniel Apprentice

Hahaha that's awesome! Maybe she should try gluten-free!! That's great!

Thanks for the info on Envirokids!

Sami

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Double check the ingredients but also Neopets Island Berry Crunch and Disney's Little Einstein cereal.

Elliesmom Newbie

Can anyone give me a list of mainstream gluten free cereal? I know about all the specalty cereals, but I heard that coco pebbles was not gluten free. Can someone help?

Thank you! ;)

VydorScope Proficient
Can anyone give me a list of mainstream gluten free cereal? I know about all the specalty cereals, but I heard that coco pebbles was not gluten free. Can someone help?

Thank you! ;)

ALWAYS CHECK INGREDIENTS AS COMPANIES CHANGE RECIPES WITH OUT NOTICE

POST Cocoa Pebbles

POST Frutiy Pebbles

GM Dora the Explorer

Disney Little Einsteins

Disney Mickey Mouse Club (I think thats the name of it...)

NEW boxes of Trix are gluten free, again. just a few months ago this was not true, so probably plenty of old stock out there

Kroger Brand Fruity Pebbles

Those are the ones I know of as of the last time I was in the grocery store reading boxes. ALL have a chance of CC, so eat at your own risk. :)

Archived