This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Need Some Help!

skinnyminny

skinnyminny Enthusiast

I dont know if anyone else has had trouble with birth control but my body just cannot handle it I keep having reoccuring sist so they put me back on it, now I am so sick from it again and it has only been a week! :( I have heard it takes a while to get in your system sometimes but I am so light headed with hardly any appitite does anyone have any suggestions. The kind I am on is called Yaz and it is suppose to be low dose. Its either I have the sists n deal with them or deal with the sickness of the medicine I cant win for losing!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dally099 Contributor

hi i can totally sympithize with you, i was on BC pills for years and have endomitriosis, so i would have tons of bleeding and pain which was worse when on the pill. i finally got married and went to over the counter BC, and after i had my youngest one finally had a hysterectomy. i tried every pill on the market and they were all dismal for me, have you thought of an IUD or something like that? i would really talk with your doc about this, GOOD LUCK

Guest j_mommy

I have always had problems with any type of pill...now I'm on the Depo shot and have been ok! You really have to watch you're eating habits though....you will gain weight if you don't. That's the only complaint I have with Depo....one week of the month i'm not hunry at all, the next I eat like a horse and then for the other 2 weeks I eat normal. butthis is the only BC I've found that doesn't bother ma nd cause celiac symptoms!!!! Hope this helps!

skinnyminny Enthusiast
hi i can totally sympithize with you, i was on BC pills for years and have endomitriosis, so i would have tons of bleeding and pain which was worse when on the pill. i finally got married and went to over the counter BC, and after i had my youngest one finally had a hysterectomy. i tried every pill on the market and they were all dismal for me, have you thought of an IUD or something like that? i would really talk with your doc about this, GOOD LUCK

I havent tried IUD? what is that? I dont think I have ever heard of it. My doctor did tell me about the shots when we went over my options last time but she seemed to think those make a lot of people sick as well. My lady doctor is sorta sceptical I am not sure I total agree with her judgement though just like me having celiac, she gives me a hard time about being really thin, she asks me questions like dont you ever just give in and eat some pizza (regular). She thinks i am just real devoted to a "diet". Well the pills are makin me lose my appetite and today in church I got real fainty, and in the end have caused me to lose like 3 pounds in a week which I know isnt a lot but it is for me. I am just at a loss right now at what to do.

dally099 Contributor
I havent tried IUD? what is that? I dont think I have ever heard of it. My doctor did tell me about the shots when we went over my options last time but she seemed to think those make a lot of people sick as well. My lady doctor is sorta sceptical I am not sure I total agree with her judgement though just like me having celiac, she gives me a hard time about being really thin, she asks me questions like dont you ever just give in and eat some pizza (regular). She thinks i am just real devoted to a "diet". Well the pills are makin me lose my appetite and today in church I got real fainty, and in the end have caused me to lose like 3 pounds in a week which I know isnt a lot but it is for me. I am just at a loss right now at what to do.

hi, an iud is an inter uterine device, if you google it youll get more details. im in the same boat, im pretty skinny as well, the lowest ive been is 97lbs in febuary (im only 5ft 4inches) right now im back up to 107lbs again, im a long distance runner so i eat tons! and ive started to lift heavy weights so that i can get some more strength and put some weight on. GOOD LUCK

Jo.R Contributor

I don't think the IUD will do anything for the cysts. I'd also do a lot of research before using the depo shot, that is if you want to have kids (more kids?) My SIL used depo and had to go on fertility drugs to get pregnant. It took 3 1/2 years to get pregnant and she had already been off depo for over a year before trying. Her fertility Dr. told her that she was seeing a lot of depo users that were having a hard time getting pregnant after.

skinnyminny Enthusiast

Thank you all for your help I am trying to stick it out and maybe if it gets into my system it will help me in the long run, I am also on an antibotic right now too so it could be the combo of those. I know it alters the affects of birth control but I am not using it for that reason. I do plan on having kids some day so the depo shots dont sound like something for me. hopefully the nausea and lightheadness with subside!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast

If the problem is in your digestive system, I'd suggest Nuva ring. It does not involve the digestive system at all, the hormones are absorbed though your vaginal walls right into your blood stream.

I like it because I don't have to remember to take a pill every day, and If I eat something that dosen't agree, it won't wash the pill out with the food when I get D :(

I love it, I get less symtoms overall than I did with the Pill.

Archived