Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveindenver

Thanks To Everyone Who's Been Posting

And this message board has been a lifesaver for me. It's a place where I can come and research, learn, commisserate, laugh, find great recipes and support. Thanks to each of you who post often and read this board. Us Celiacs have to stick together!

Steve

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

And this message board has been a lifesaver for me. It's a place where I can come and research, learn, commisserate, laugh, find great recipes and support. Thanks to each of you who post often and read this board. Us Celiacs have to stick together!

Steve

I so agree Steve! My best friends in the whole world are people I have met on here!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Steve,

you have hit the nail on the head. the best support and all I have learned has come from this board. It really helped me grow.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Hi Steve.

I agree this is best site. All the help and support I've received from everyone. Going gluten-free is very stressful, but here we can find a refuge, and a support not found anywhere else.

Glad you are here.

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with you every where you go.

Jos 1:9

I can do all things thru Christ which strengtheneth me.

Phi 4:13

Blood Test: Negative 03/2006

Biopsy Negative 04/2006

Stopped gluten-free diet 04/2006

EnteroLabs: Positive 04/2007

Fecal Antigliadin IgA "Positive"

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA "Positive"

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score "Positive"

Fecal anti-casein (cow

What a nice thing to say, Steve :)

Thank you for sticking around and being a part of it--and I agree that this is the very best when it comes to all things Celiac!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I completely agree. We are so lucky to have this resource. I have learned nearly everything that I know about celiac disease here! Everyone has been so great. I know that we would not be in the the same place in our gluten free life without the help of you wonderful people. Through this forum I have learned about diagnosis, cross contamination, cooking, the diet and more. When my son was first diagnosed I thought we would be eating rice cakes and grilled chicken breasts, but you all have shown me that great food does not end with diagnosis and for us it was only the beginning of a healthy life for my son.

Thank you everyone. :)

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Steve...happy slightly over one year of being diagnosed!

This board truly is a lifesaver, I agree! So many very helpful and KNOWLEDGABLE people.

Only requirement is that you stick around and pass it forward :P