Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerseygrl

Fantastic Cinnamon Bread Mix

I just have to share THEE best tasting bread mix we stumbled upon at the health food store.

It's Cinnamon Bread Mix (homestyle) by Authentic Foods. http://www.authenticfoods.com/

Absolutely out-of-the-this-world delicious.

It is the only gluten-free bread my daughters will eat!

They love PBJ sandwiches with it.

Simply fabulous!

My mom was dx'd Celiac in her 80's after a life time of stomach troubles. I am fine however.

2nd daughter born in 2000

An agitated kid since birth, non-compliant attitude, dx'd with PDDNOS in 2003, ADHD in 2006

Had ongoing facial rash since 2004 -- tested for Lupus -- negative, discovered a high antibody count.

Never complained of stomach ache

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just have to share THEE best tasting bread mix we stumbled upon at the health food store.

It's Cinnamon Bread Mix (homestyle) by Authentic Foods. http://www.authenticfoods.com/

Absolutely out-of-the-this-world delicious.

It is the only gluten-free bread my daughters will eat!

They love PBJ sandwiches with it.

Simply fabulous!

that looks good, is it also casein free. All i seen was butter flavor, so i wasnt sure.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

I dont remember seeing butter flavored listed....

If you go to the link, on the left hand side go to product info.

Under the 3rd bracket you'll see baking mixes--the Cinnamon Bread is listed there.

My mom was dx'd Celiac in her 80's after a life time of stomach troubles. I am fine however.

An agitated kid since birth, non-compliant attitude, dx'd with PDDNOS in 2003, ADHD in 2006

Had ongoing facial rash since 2004 -- tested for Lupus -- negative, discovered a high antibody count.

Oh, I get what you mean't *slapping head* :P

I love their flours and pancake mix. I'm definately gonna give this a try. Thanks!!!

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

thanks, next time i'm at the gluten-free store I will look for it, they carry tons of stuff that you normally have to order online

~Betty

Oh, I get what you mean't *slapping head* :P

I was scared for an moment, i was like i know they said butter flavor on there.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

i was at my sister's house on sunday and her husband and kids made her the gluten-free Authentic Foods blueberry muffins, and i thought they were pretty good. I've tried a few other blueberry muffin mixes before and thought they were terrible, but these were good.

I've had a package of this mix forever and I hadn't made it because I thought it was like a cinnamon raisin type of bread. Just made it tonight and it is terrific. Great texture and very forgiving but it's not what I expected at all. It's not a sweet bread like raisin bread. It reminds me more of a pumpernickel with that slight sweetness that comes from molasses in the bread. This time I made it in my French bread pan. Next time, it'll be in a sandwich loaf pan. My Mom and the Celiac co-worker are going to be in love with this stuff! (I always share my gluten-free baking around so I don't have to store it and it doesn't go stale)

I knew the Authentic Foods Lemon Cake was a knock-out (tastes like my Grandma's lemon pound cake). Now I'm wondering if they have anything that's not great.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

I've had a package of this mix forever and I hadn't made it because I thought it was like a cinnamon raisin type of bread. Just made it tonight and it is terrific. Great texture and very forgiving but it's not what I expected at all. It's not a sweet bread like raisin bread. It reminds me more of a pumpernickel with that slight sweetness that comes from molasses in the bread. This time I made it in my French bread pan. Next time, it'll be in a sandwich loaf pan. My Mom and the Celiac co-worker are going to be in love with this stuff! (I always share my gluten-free baking around so I don't have to store it and it doesn't go stale)

I knew the Authentic Foods Lemon Cake was a knock-out (tastes like my Grandma's lemon pound cake). Now I'm wondering if they have anything that's not great.

does it require a lot of ad ins to the mix? Or is it an "easy" make?

gluten-free since april 05

for the love of gluten-free rice krispies, can we all as a group realize that "celiacs" only refers to a group of people with celiac disease. it is not "celiacs or celiac's disease". it drives me nutso!

does it require a lot of ad ins to the mix? Or is it an "easy" make?

You add:

3 eggs

1/4 cup veg. oil

1-1/4 cup warm milk or milk sub.

1 tbsp honey or water

2-1/4 teaspoon dry yeast (1 pkt)

The only notable thing about prep for me was that it rises for 2-3 hours (I left it for 3). But it was great bread. I noticed it does have molasses in it. That's why it had that deep rich taste. It probably makes a killer PBJ but Hubby and I were talking about how good it would be with ham, sharp cheddar, a strong mustard and a Redbridge last night.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003