Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaryJones2

Moe's Southwest Grill

I contacted Moe's last week and received an allergen chart in PDF format which I can't figure out how to post but I'm sure you can email them and they will send it. I'm glad to see most of the items are gluten free! The items that are not gluten free are: Flour Tortillas, chicken, steak and tofu. Everything else is gluten free.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Be careful of the chips ... they fry them in the same fryer as the flour tortillas for the tortilla bowl salads, so they are not gluten-free.

When I contacted them, and it's been over a year ago, the chicken, steak, and tofu was gluten-free. I even talked to the manager of the local one who let me read the ingredients of the seasoning. They were using Knorr seasoning.

Did they list the ingredients to the meat/tofu? How did the pdf file show it had gluten? Just curious.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Be careful of the chips ... they fry them in the same fryer as the flour tortillas for the tortilla bowl salads, so they are not gluten-free.

When I contacted them, and it's been over a year ago, the chicken, steak, and tofu was gluten-free. I even talked to the manager of the local one who let me read the ingredients of the seasoning. They were using Knorr seasoning.

Did they list the ingredients to the meat/tofu? How did the pdf file show it had gluten? Just curious.

They did not list ingredients. It's one of the charts that has a dot when something contains an allergen. Good to know about the chips.

MP - celiac for 10 years

Willy's chips are flour tortilla chips...are we sure moe's are corn?

They're corn ... but they're fried with the flour, so it doesn't matter, we can't have them.

So, was there a dot saying that there was wheat? Or was it just a dot saying there was an allergen.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

They're corn ... but they're fried with the flour, so it doesn't matter, we can't have them.

So, was there a dot saying that there was wheat? Or was it just a dot saying there was an allergen.

Well, Moe's categories are:

wheat or other glutens

soy

milk

eggs

fish

yellow 5

MSG

I am always bothered by those because I am not sure they take into account cross-contamination but I think it's helpful in identifying actual foods that contain an allergen. I did ask Moe's about cross contamination with the fryers and will let you know what they say.

MP - celiac for 10 years

Well, Moe's categories are:

wheat or other glutens

soy

milk

eggs

fish

yellow 5

MSG

I am always bothered by those because I am not sure they take into account cross-contamination but I think it's helpful in identifying actual foods that contain an allergen. I did ask Moe's about cross contamination with the fryers and will let you know what they say.

Moe's responded to me today and said they only have one fryer and it is used for both corn and flour. My concerns about cross-contamination and desire to add a dedicated fryer for chips have been forwarded to corporate so maybe we'll see some action.

MP - celiac for 10 years