Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

de caps

30 Minute Circuit Training?

I am debating if I should join one of those women's Thirty minute circuit training gyms. I went for the free trial workout today. It seemed easy and I am far from being in shape. The instructor there did not know if this workout was good for preventing and improving osteoporosis. I have pretty bad osteoporosis due to celiac disease. I don't want to waste my time and money if it won't help my bones. Has anyone tried this and did you see results?

The machines they use are "hydraulic" and use "push/pull" I don't know if this is considered weight bearing. Please let me know what you think.

Donna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You might want to do a session or two with a personal trainer who specializes in osteoporosis. He/she should be able to come up with a challenging workout for you that builds bone mass. I don't know much about the 30-minute workout places. I just know I would get bored and want to vary my workout more.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

I disagree with this statement.   Mental conditions are not "already there" in people with Celiac Disease.  Celiac Disease causes malabsorption which results in malnutrition.  Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause changes in ...
    I'm a firm believer that celiac disease only aggravates mental conditions that are already there. The withdrawals can possibly cause mood issues like someone coming down off of drugs, alcohol or tobacco but it's not the gluten per se. Generally...
    Well, in reading the other posts it seems as though my reaction is different from most.  My point was that I was having withdrawal symptoms from no longer consuming gluten.  Gluten acts on the pleasure center of the brain, like opiates,  ...