Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stitchy woman

Tried My First Rice Bread

I'd have to say that making it from scratch is not too bad . . . it's not as big of a time commitment as the yeast bread. It's got more initial ingredients (because of the multiple flour types) but once you get it mixed, you put it in the pan, let rise, & bake. No multiple rises, no additional kneading, no forming of the loaf . . . and your hands stay a lot cleaner :rolleyes:

Just discovered that the tapioca bread I bought a few days ago, to get me until I have time to try my own, had a pull date of 7-15. So it was a month older than the pull date when I bought it from the gluten-free section in the large chain grocery store in my admittedly podunk little town. That can't be helping anything. I will be returning it later, but I should have been more observant right up front.

Just discovered that the tapioca bread I bought a few days ago, to get me until I have time to try my own, had a pull date of 7-15. So it was a month older than the pull date when I bought it from the gluten-free section in the large chain grocery store in my admittedly podunk little town. That can't be helping anything. I will be returning it later, but I should have been more observant right up front.

Are you sure that it does not expire 7/2015? :lol: Just kidding, but that stuff does stay good for a long time. My son would not eat any of the breads that I bought, even Angeline's. <_< I finally started making my own successfully. I make bread every Sunday, since I think it's much better when fresh. I think that most people will agree that the following recipe is wonderful. Good luck finding a bread you like.

http://www.recipezaar.com/190906

It wouldn't surprise me if some gluten-free bread on grocery shelves is old. Probably each newly diagnosed person buys it once and that's it.

What does surprise me is that The Gluten-Free Bible claims that Holgrain crackers are good. I guess taste really IS personal.