Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldyjlox

Caramel Colouring

I read on here somewhere that Aunt Jamima Syrup was okay but the ingrendients list Caramel Colouring and this is on the forbidden list. Is it safe or should I not use it, I had some this morning?? Also what brand of syrup do you use.??

thanks

1 negative Bloodtest.

2 positive Bloodtests.(years later)

Positive Biopsy 08/13/07

Gluten Free since 08/23/07

Jess (31)

Daughter (03/23/04) Negative bloodwork (10/22/07)

Son (09/14/06) Negative bloodwork (10/22/07)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use a grocery store brands, Wegmans. I am in the US though. I am not sure if Aunt Jamima is different outside the US.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

According to both the Canadian Celiac Association, and Shelley Case's book, "Gluten Free Diet," caramel colouring is gluten free. I have never found any credible evidence to the contrary.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

I just use honey instead. I did read that log cabin country kitchen is gluten free (I think I read it on this forum) but I haven't tried it yet - I'm a little skeptical. If I want real syrup instead of honey I just splurge and buy the super expensive 100% pure maple syrup.

I read on here somewhere that Aunt Jamima Syrup was okay but the ingrendients list Caramel Colouring and this is on the forbidden list. Is it safe or should I not use it, I had some this morning?? Also what brand of syrup do you use.??

thanks

I noticed that Walmart has 100% Pure maple syrup so I might get that . Also corn syrup seemed okay when I read the ingredients.

thanks.

1 negative Bloodtest.

2 positive Bloodtests.(years later)

Positive Biopsy 08/13/07

Gluten Free since 08/23/07

Jess (31)

Daughter (03/23/04) Negative bloodwork (10/22/07)

Son (09/14/06) Negative bloodwork (10/22/07)