Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luckie815

Ingrediants

a little expansion....

Modified Food Starch in the US is generally derived from corn. If otherwise, it will be listed as Modified Food Starch (wheat).

Countries outside the US may use gluten products as their source.

The question was about something labeled as "modified CORN starch." Are you saying that in countries outside the US this product might have gluten? I'd never heard that before.

The question was about something labeled as "modified CORN starch." Are you saying that in countries outside the US this product might have gluten? I'd never heard that before.

Oooop.....I guess I am so used to answering questions about modified FOOD starch. I stand corrected. :huh::)

I figured that is what was going on. But I thought I would double-check because every so often I learn that something is iffy that I had never suspected. This morning, for instance, I read on another forum that some teas contain gluten. Huh ;)

Living with this really becomes a person's hobby doesn't it -- figuring out what to eat, talking to other people about what you eat or might eat or they eat or might eat, comparing poo and brain fog experiences, etc. :lol: