Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest The Weasel

Gluuteny Food Store In Pittsburgh!

Guest The Weasel

http://www.gluuteny.com/

Gluuteny a new Wheat-Free/Dairy-Free store is opening this Saturday (finally!) in Squirrel Hill.

Sure, we have Whole Foods, East End Co-Op, Trader Joe's, Nature's Way, and another store in Oakmont which I forget the name of, however this is a solely Gluten Free store to my understanding so there might be a lot more options as well as I believe they'll be making their own food as well like birthday cakes, etc.

Hopefully, this is the correct board to post this on. I wasn't sure between this one or the Restaurant one.

if I am not mistaken, there were a few members here awaiting the opening of this store. I believe Fiddle-Faddle is one of them but I may be wrong....

You're right--there's another thread about Gluuteny floating around somewhere! But, hey, the more publicity, the better, right?

Guest The Weasel
You're right--there's another thread about Gluuteny floating around somewhere! But, hey, the more publicity, the better, right?

Yeah, I did a search for "gluuteny" before I posted this and nothing turned up. Was there anything good in it/do you happen to have a link to it?

Guest thatchickali

Ya'll are lucky!

Why would they name it that though, it makes it sound like it only sells gluten. Haha. I don't like to eat things that are "gluteny"

Guest The Weasel
Ya'll are lucky!

Why would they name it that though, it makes it sound like it only sells gluten. Haha. I don't like to eat things that are "gluteny"

I laughed about the name when I first heard it, I was like "why in the world would they name it that?!!" oh well, maybe I'll ask if I end up going. :)

Well I made it to the grand opening , first one in the door.......

They passed out samples of what they were selling for the day.....Nice, friendly people..

They had a very good cinnamon pound cake loaf.cupcakes sold at $1.90 for one or $ ten something for 6. A bit pricey.....I took the cupcakes to a bday party & two adults & two kids ate them. All of us decided they were good but the ones I make are moister & better tasting.... , the others gave a thumbs up in regards to the cin. loaf... Mini brownies were 5 for $2.19. Tasty & seemed like the same recipe I use at home.

I was a bit surprised that they didn't have all the foods they were going to be baking today .

When we left there was a line outside the building & I think they ran out of product before the days end. It appeared to be a calm chaos ....

I wish them well & glad to see someone is giving more choices to the gluten-free Pittsburghers...

mamaw

Guest The Weasel

Cool, I'm glad they actually did open then. I didn't make it because I'm ill from a separate and non-related medical condition from celiac disease plus I'm broke until the twenty-eighth. Hopefully, they'll have more stuff by then.

So, everything in the store is gluten-free? I'll be in "the burgh" for Thanksgiving, and I was worried about having MIL go shopping for me before I get there. I may send her there to pick up a few things. I know it's 2 months away, but this is going to be my first attempt to live off the food from someone else's kitchen since going 100% gluten free... I'm stressing :o

For some reason, I never forgot that you lived close to the Pittsburgh area. :)