Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avon no longer provides a list of gluten free products :angry:

What the consumer is to do is to call them at 800-445-2866 and ask about the item you want answers on.

I called them about Skin So Soft Fragrance Free Body lotion (soft & pure) and Care Deeply with Cocoa Butter body lotion and they told me they are both gluten free

It's obvious that Avon has "outsourced" this service; however, the Cust Service Reps are very, very helpful and will even call you back.

I am going to call them again about one of their shampoos and conditioners but I want to test them by asking them if "Moisture Therapy with Oatmeal" is gluten free. Then I'll know if this information is to be relied upon. Again, the people working there are great.

I am going to call them again about one of their shampoos and conditioners but I want to test them by asking them if "Moisture Therapy with Oatmeal" is gluten free. Then I'll know if this information is to be relied upon. Again, the people working there are great.

I *love* that approach. Please do report back!

Ok, here's the bad news:

according to Avon Service Center Rep. Moisture Therapy with Oatmeal is gluten free --- logically this isn't possible so I am unsure if the Service Center's info can be trusted.

I like the old way where you got the gluten-free product list....

Ok, here's the bad news:

according to Avon Service Center Rep. Moisture Therapy with Oatmeal is gluten free --- logically this isn't possible so I am unsure if the Service Center's info can be trusted.

I like the old way where you got the gluten-free product list....

Unless they consider only wheat, rye and barley as the gluten containing grains, and are not considering that oatmeal (while technically gluten-free) is usually cross contaminated during growth, harvest, transport, and storage.

I guess the next step is to determine the source of the oatmeal.