Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest j_mommy

Cold Meds...

Guest j_mommy

Can anyone give me a couple of cold med names that are safe....I'm dying here and can't deal with the endless phone calls!!! Looking for something to clear a stuffy head!!!!! Thanks to everyone in advance!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi :)

I just got the new gluten-free list from McNeil in the mail this morning.

Here are the cold medicines listed gluten-free--

Tylenol Allergy Sinus Caplets

'' Sinus Day Caplets

'' Sinus Severe Congestion

'' Cold Severe Congestion Caplets

'' Severe Cold and Flu Formula

'' Cold Day Non Drowsy Caplet

Simply Stuffy Liquid

Simply Cough Liguid

Hope you feel better!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Guest j_mommy

Thanks you guys!!! Help is really appreciated. My little guy is bringing home colds and he caught me!!!LOL

I know colds can be absolutely miserable, especially when you have little ones depending on you! I'm sorry you got caught.

But keep in mind that those very symptoms that make you feel so horrible are actually doing a job against the germs. Knock out the symptoms--and you knock out your body's best defense against the germs. It will take LONGER to get over the stupid cold, and you will be MORE likely to get another one.

Let your body fight the way it knows how!

In the meantime, you can help by drinking as much hot liquids as you can comfortably manage (I like hot chicken broth with lots of onion and garlic--pee-U!--, hot lemonade, and hot licorice tea), stay away from dairy if you aren't already, and pee those germs down the toilet!

You also might have some kind of environmental factor that might be making your symptoms worse, such as mold, dust mites, cigarette smoke from the neighbors next door, etc. I have heard that room air purifiers can help that, but have no experience myself.

Hope you feel better soon!