Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

de caps

Celiac Doctor @ Winthrop Univ. Hosp?

Hi.

I know that Winthrop Univ. hospital has a Celiac support group. Do they have doctors at the hospital who specialize in celiac disease? If anyone has the name of one please let me know.

I called Dr. Peter Green's office. They don't take my insurance and want $500 to walk in the door. I can't afford this. Just looking for someone closer to home. Thanks for your help.

I do have a GI. I'm not to happy with her lately. She just diagnosed me with Microscopic Collitis and gave me a huge "Don't Eat "list and a prescription for Entocort and said see you in six months.

Any help would be appreciated.

Celiac Disease 08/05

Osteoporosis 08/05 (age 38 )

Fibromyalgia, Microscopic Colitis, Elevated ANA (1:1280) 09/07

Mom of three. Daughter with gene marker for Celiac. No signs of disease

Donna

Long Island, NY

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you considered seeing any of the other doctors at Columbia's Celiac Disease Center? Dr. Green has several colleagues on staff that specialize in Celiac. One of them accepts my insurance plan, so I went and had a very comprehensive visit. I was able to have a bone density scan (in another wing of the hospital), and also had a very enlightening visit with their nutritionist - all on the same day I was there. Good luck.

Celiac diagnosis from positive blood work & endoscope (2005)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 Subtype 2,8 (double Celiac genes)

Join eNewsletter

I asked. None of the Doctors in the group participate in my plan. I was willing to see any of them.

I'm sure they are all great.

Celiac Disease 08/05

Donna

Long Island, NY

Join eNewsletter

I highly recommend my personal endocrinologist Dr G. Reddy of Valley Stream. I have been using him for my whole celiac life and the years before it with my Gerd. I dont have his number handy at this moment but look him up.

Join eNewsletter

I go to Dr. Gary Schwartz of Gastroenterology Associates. While not at Winthrop they are associated with Winthrop. The office is located at 1103 Stewart Avenue in Garden City. 516-248-3737. I love Dr. Schwartz. He really listens to you and he is out there actively educating himself in this disease. I know he also attends all of Dr. Green's seminars. The website if you are interested is - http://li-gi.com/.

Good luck.

Beth

Gluten free since January 2007.

Join eNewsletter

Thank you. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Celiac Disease 08/05

Donna

Long Island, NY

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter