Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buffettbride

Meeting Other Celiac Kids Tomorrow

Tomorrow we are going to a Cel-Kids event (just a chance for Celiac kids and their parents to hang out). It will be the first time Victoria has a chance to meet other kids with Celiac Disease. There are 2 at her school, but they are in a few grades higher than her so I am REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping for a girl who is 9-11 ish for her to be pals with!!!!

I am bringing my yummy banana bread (I modified my old recipe to use Pamela's mix instead of regular flour and it is fantastic). I can't WAIT to meet other parents and hopefully learn some new things from some old hands at the gluten-free lifestyle.

The general theme are tips for school lunches (packed from home) so I'm hoping for some new ideas!

Wish us luck!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. (And share those school lunch ideas! :D )

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

You are so lucky to have a meeting like that for your child to meet other Celiac kids. If your child wants an email friend...let me know. My DD is 9. Today is her 2nd day of gluten free. She had her biopsy on Friday and it will be 7 -9 days before we get the results back. Of course I couldnt' wait any longer to start her on this diet b/c she's lost so much weight. Let me know if she wants a friend in NC.

Anybody here from NC?

Kara'sMom

DD age 10

diagnosed celiac 10/07

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter