Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerseygrl

Fantastic News!

Just got the results of my Daughters blood work for Celiac Disease. She was dx'd 1 year ago this month, complete with

positive biopsy. Well now, 1 year later, her count is now completely normal -- YIPPPEEE SKIPPPY! She did it -- we did it.

She was really happy when we told her the great news how proud we were of her results, that we know it hasn't been easy.

And she knows that she still has to keep up the gluten-free diet. I know she feels better -- much happier :D

So if anyone is a struggling parent of a Celiac kid, and you feel overwhelmed, just hang in there.

It's well worth it.

My mom was dx'd Celiac in her 80's after a life time of stomach troubles. I am fine however.

2nd daughter born in 2000

An agitated kid since birth, non-compliant attitude, dx'd with PDDNOS in 2003, ADHD in 2006

Had ongoing facial rash since 2004 -- tested for Lupus -- negative, discovered a high antibody count.

Never complained of stomach ache

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congratulations on your success - both of you! I don't have a child with Celiac, but I have the utmost respect for mothers that do. Three Cheers to you mom!! :D:D:D

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Thanks all! I don't know how long she has been "normal", I just thought we'd give it a year

before I re-checked. I use "normal" cautiously, because we all know that this is a lifetime thing,

and I don't want her to ever have a false impression that she's done being gluten-free.

...although some day, there will be a pill for celiacs to take that will allow foods with gluten.

My mom was dx'd Celiac in her 80's after a life time of stomach troubles. I am fine however.

2nd daughter born in 2000

An agitated kid since birth, non-compliant attitude, dx'd with PDDNOS in 2003, ADHD in 2006

Had ongoing facial rash since 2004 -- tested for Lupus -- negative, discovered a high antibody count.

Never complained of stomach ache

Join eNewsletter

Congratas, that is awesome news! Hard worked for at that too!

Susi with Shayden and Brandy

Shayden, pos. with DQ 2, pos. for Glutensensitivity with Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 45 Units

Brandy, pos. with DQ2 + DQ8, DX Celiac Nov.07, gluten-free since Nov. 1st 07, Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 63 Units

Me: Gastroscopy negative f. Celiac, IBS, Oesophagitis, Hiatus-Hernia

Join eNewsletter

Congratulations to you and your daughter! That's is wonderful!

Sometimes I wish that my daughter's testing wasn't inconclusive so that we could kind of "check" on how she's doing. Oh well.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter