Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dandelionmom

Anyone Have Trouble With Amy's Frozen Food?

Something I ate yesterday must have gluten in it (or I'm dying!). I noticed that the Amy's frozen meal that I ate said "no gluten ingredients" on the front instead of saying "gluten-free" like the other ones I bought. Could that have been the problem?

I feel so awful! :(

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry that you are feeling badly. I eat Amy's mexican all the time and have never had a noticeable issue. The Shepards Pie tastes just plain bad. :huh:

Amy's used to say "Gluten Free" and I had heard that they were going to have a dedicated facility, but haven't heard much news about.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

I actually stopped eating Amy's meals because I got glutened twice in a row from it. The first time I took it as a fluke (and maybe could be something else I ate), but after the 2nd time I knew it had to be from that. I know lots of other people have also said they had problems with them.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Join eNewsletter

Something I ate yesterday must have gluten in it (or I'm dying!). I noticed that the Amy's frozen meal that I ate said "no gluten ingredients" on the front instead of saying "gluten-free" like the other ones I bought. Could that have been the problem?

I feel so awful! :(

I have also had problems with some of the Amy's frozen dinners. They state gluten free on the front but on the back side have an allergy statement which states that the product has been made in a factory which processes other wheat products. So you really take a chance when a company states that. I had purchased some vegtable patties from Amy's and didn't get sick until I ate the last one. I knew it had to be that because I had not eaten anything else before that.! You really have to be careful even when something states gluten free. Hope your feeling better. Happy Thanksgiving, sistergoldenhair

Join eNewsletter

I got really sick from the Amy's frozen pizza. I was in so much pain, it was horrible! I was also bloated for a couple of days and had horrible gas. I bought two that day and I threw the other one away, no way was I going to try another one!

hypothyroid

hypoglycemic (diagnosed 1997 but symptomatic since grade school)

fibromyalgia

rheumatoid arthritis (diagnosed January 2005)

peanut allergy

restarting gluten-free January 20, 2013

elevated liver enzymes + symptoms indicated celiac January 31, 2013. Dr. didn't want to run further tests due to other health complications

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter