Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeggyV

Reaction To Gluten Seems To Have Decreased

Even though I am still very sensitive to gluten, I still react to very small amounts - often unknown in origin, my reaction don

"The only thing constant in life is change"

Celiac not confirmed, but positive results with diet change

Gluten free since 10/06

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have. After 5 years my reactions are now much less severe. In the beginning even a small amount of Cc would cause lots of blister and a GI bleed. Now I still react, I get severe cramps and D along with all the bloating and stuff but I don't bleed and my skin reaction is much less severe. My joint and muscle pain are also now transient when gltuened, I will get flashes of pain or achiness but for the first couple years a glutening would flare my arthritis for weeks. I think the change in presentation is because of the healing and the loss of the constant state of antibody reaction.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

My changes in reaction is backwards: Mine have gotten worse with fewer glutenings. Even if I come in contact with just a couple of crumbs or accidently use the same utensil, something like that, I at the least get the extreme brainfog, fatigue, and DH flareup. If it's enough to make me sick then I feel glutened for at least 5 days in a row. It's bad enough that I lose over a lb. a day!

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter