Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone please suggest a brand of probiotics that are gluten-free that they use? Funny, I never in my life had any stomach issues and was only dx with celiac disease because of my iron deficiency and osteoporosis at the age of 27. However, since I have gone gluten-free I am now getting stomach pains........ I almost wish i didn't go gluten-free because of it..... well maybe not because my peripheral neuropathy has gone away as well as my bone pain and hand numbness. Anyway could someone please post some PROBIOTIC brands that they are using that are good. I never tried them before and am hoping that maybe they will help with these stomach issue I now have! THANKS

Justine REGISTERED NURSE

DOB 1-80

Dx w/ celiac disease via Biopsy and Seurologies 08-06-07

Misdiagnosed for 10 years, MisDx on 01-07 with RSD/Complex regional pain syndrome

Anemia, Osteoporosis (bone pain), Nerve Damage, Bruising, Depression, Fatigue, Swollen Glands, Gas, Constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm taking Florajen3. They're wheat, gluten, yeast, sugar, soy, eggs, corn, coloring & preservative free.

I know some people take probiotics with higher culture contents (Florajen3 has 15 billion cultures per pill), but these seem to be helping me.

never dx Celiac

dx IBS whole life

gluten free 9/12/07

husband:

blood test results negative

dx psoriatic arthritis 2005

psoriasis since childhood

gluten free 9/14/07

I use Flora-Q. Due to some nasty stuff I had going on, I am taking it 2x's daily per my dr's orders. It is an OTC drug. Seems to really be helping me:)

Teri

gottaBGfree

I go to a dietician, who is exceptionally well informed about celiac. She recommended Primadophilus Optima by Nature's Way. It's definitely gluten free and contains 14 different strains of probiotics. It made a huge difference for me.....no more running to the bathroom unexpectedly. Also cut down on the bloating, gas, etc......

Many health food stores carry it, or you can get it online.