• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

HudsonValleyGal

Pamela's Bread Mix -- Your Favorite Uses?

Rate this topic

I just bought Pamela's bread mix for the first time, and am excited to have found a gluten-free, df, sf bread mix. There are so many recipes on the bag. I was wondering which one others like best. I'm trying to decide what to make first. (I won't be making the cheese bread, since I cook without dairy and soy)

Thanks for your feedback!

We love the pizza recipe on the side of the bag. Even DH, who doesn't have to eat gluten-free, says it is very good! I now order this in bulk from Amazon b/c it is so much cheaper that way.

I like the pizza recipe too.

Another good mix is Anna's bread mix. I get gluten-free, SF, CF, DF mix. You can use the bread machine or do it by hand. Both ways are easy although I haven't always had good luck with my bread maker.

My kids LOVE the Anna's banana bread mix.

www.123glutenfree.com has the best brownie and cake mixes EVER!!! I started out ordering them but then a local HFS started carrying some of the mixes.

Thanks for all of the tips! Last night I used the Pamela's bread mix to make rolls. They were wonderful! I couldn't believe how nice the texture was, and how easy the recipe was. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't know if I'd like the sorghum flour that's in the mix, but I thought it tasted good. My husband, who can eat anything, liked the rolls a lot.

I'm particularly eager to use the new mix for pizza crust. Until now, I've used the gluten-free Pantry's French Bread and Pizza Mix for that, and I like it, but it is more like bread than pizza....

I don't think I've ever seen Anna's mixes. I'll look them up. Thanks for the tip!

I just bought Pamela's bread mix for the first time, and am excited to have found a gluten-free, df, sf bread mix. There are so many recipes on the bag. I was wondering which one others like best. I'm trying to decide what to make first. (I won't be making the cheese bread, since I cook without dairy and soy)

Thanks for your feedback!

We love Pamela's! I make waffles, pancakes, banana bread and cookies with it. And once you fall in love with it :P be sure to check it out at Amazon. It's much cheaper than in the store.

Good luck!

i subbed it into a recipe for chicken and dumplings :) YUM!

I make cinnamon rolls with the Pamela's Bread Mix

Oooooooh - how do you do that? My husband would kill for cinnamon rolls!!!

Oooooooh - how do you do that? My husband would kill for cinnamon rolls!!!

It's really easy, I just made some a few weeks ago for my family and they disappeared in 5 minutes once they came out of the oven :lol:

I simply modified this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_32634,00.html

This recipe calls for frozen bread dough that is thawed out and you just replace it with the Pamela's Bread Mix dough.

I didn't add the hazlenuts or the cloves, and I didn't make the mascarpone frosting. You can serve them plain or drizzle with a little powdered sugar glaze or even frost with cream cheese icing.

You will need in addition to the recipe ingredients a bag of white rice flour and of course the Pamela's Bread Mix.

Butter your dish and then mix together the sugar cinnamon mixture according to recipe. Make up the dough according to the package directions (the non bread maker directions).

Flour your work surface generously with the white rice flour and scoop out the dough onto the work surface with a spatula.

The dough is VERY sticky, so you will need to keep sprinkling the dough and the work surface with the white rice flour in order to work with it.

With your hands kind of pat the dough and form into a bread loaf shape.

Then roll it out with your rolling pin according to the recipe directions (I think it's a 9" x 12" rectangle).

Follow the recipe from here. (brush with butter, sprinkle the sugar cinnamon mixture, roll, cut, and put in buttered dish, cover to let rise, bake)

Tip* Make sure you flour under the dough before you roll it out, and when you are rolling it up into the jellyroll it might stick so I use a knife or a metal spatula to slide under the dough as I go to help it along.

It took me a few tries to get a hang of the dough and to perfect the technique.

The gluten-free dough won't raise all that much when you let it set in the pan for the 45 minutes, but they really rise when they are baking.

It makes the most fluffy, doughy, heavenly cinnamon rolls imo :)

I've used Pamela's bread mix or Bob Redmill bread mix to make pizza (I don't follow a recipe). I place my pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450 F. I add some to a bowl, add enough water to make it into a ball and roll it out using more mix if it gets too sticky. I put corn meal on a pizza peel and put the crust on then add my toppings ( my favourite toppings are spinach, roasted garlic, carmelized onions a sprinkling of thyme and oregano and lots of feta cheese). Transfer pizza onto stone and bake for about 10 minutes until topping is nice and bubbly and crust is cooked and crisp (can you tell I like a thin crisp crust).

I discovered making pizza this way from a pizza place in Victoria, BC called The Joint. They make a gluten free pizza and couldn't give me the recipe because it is commercially made for them but said that Bob's RedMill came the closest to what they use but I discovered that Pamela's works equally well.

It's really easy, I just made some a few weeks ago for my family and they disappeared in 5 minutes once they came out of the oven :lol:

I simply modified this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_32634,00.html

This recipe calls for frozen bread dough that is thawed out and you just replace it with the Pamela's Bread Mix dough.

I didn't add the hazlenuts or the cloves, and I didn't make the mascarpone frosting. You can serve them plain or drizzle with a little powdered sugar glaze or even frost with cream cheese icing.

You will need in addition to the recipe ingredients a bag of white rice flour and of course the Pamela's Bread Mix.

Butter your dish and then mix together the sugar cinnamon mixture according to recipe. Make up the dough according to the package directions (the non bread maker directions).

Flour your work surface generously with the white rice flour and scoop out the dough onto the work surface with a spatula.

The dough is VERY sticky, so you will need to keep sprinkling the dough and the work surface with the white rice flour in order to work with it.

With your hands kind of pat the dough and form into a bread loaf shape.

Then roll it out with your rolling pin according to the recipe directions (I think it's a 9" x 12" rectangle).

Follow the recipe from here. (brush with butter, sprinkle the sugar cinnamon mixture, roll, cut, and put in buttered dish, cover to let rise, bake)

Tip* Make sure you flour under the dough before you roll it out, and when you are rolling it up into the jellyroll it might stick so I use a knife or a metal spatula to slide under the dough as I go to help it along.

It took me a few tries to get a hang of the dough and to perfect the technique.

The gluten-free dough won't raise all that much when you let it set in the pan for the 45 minutes, but they really rise when they are baking.

It makes the most fluffy, doughy, heavenly cinnamon rolls imo :)

Thank you Juliem! I am not by any means a baker...but I will give this a try. Prior to being dx w/celiac disease, my husband and son (once a month) would sit down to a breakfast of a roll of 8 Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls and milk and my DH really misses it.

I also found a Chebe cinnamon-something mix and I should try that as well.

Thanks again!