Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

Omg I Am In So Much Pain Right Now!

i have no idea whats wrong with me.

i have so much pain (like a stabbing pain) in my lower left abdomen area.

i ate nothing for dinner. i had salad, and some mint chip ice cream.

what could be wrong with me?!

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do you have someone with you or can you call someone? A lot of people here use a heating pad for comfort. Drink lots of water.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

yes, my husband is here. : (

i do not know what it is though! i am trying to 'figure it out,' you know? its such a weird pain i have never felt before.

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

yes, my husband is here. : (

i do not know what it is though! i am trying to 'figure it out,' you know? its such a weird pain i have never felt before.

I'm just wondering if it's making your back hurt, too...and like you want to curl up in a small ball? I've been having a TON of lower left ab pain lately, too. I'm going to get tested in one month. A few months ago I had that pain, spread to my back. I thought I had an ovary cyst...ended up going in immediately. After the ultra sounds, NOTHING. Hmmm??? Celiac?

Gall stones usually attack right after dinner, and hurt like nothing else

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25

A friend of mine had a perforated ulcer. It appeared to subside while resting, but increased with motion.

Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon. And don't hesitate to seek medical advise if you feel the pain is getting worse.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I would eliminate the dairy for a little while. Also raw veggies can be very hard on a compromised system. For the first few months gluten-free a salad with lettuce would make me feel really awful. I hope you feel better soon and as much as we don't like to have other things taken away it may be needed until you heal a bit more.

It sounds like you needed some comfort food are there any other comfort food type things that you could choose, something like maybe a bowl of buckwheat cereal with cinnamon or a baked apple? I make gluten-free banana muffins and keep them in the freezer for those times when I just don't want to cook and need something warm and tasty.

If your pain continues or gets worse don't hesitiate to call your doctor, if you have a fever or are feeling nauseous or you start to get a cold sweat get to the ER. Severe left sided pain can be indicitive of diverticulitis which might need medical intervention. This would be particularly true if you had a colonoscope that showed diverticuli on the exam.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)