Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have issues with yeast and now I believe may have celiac disease. I use stevia plus with inulin fiber, it's supposed to nourish the good bacteria. I read in "wheat free, worry free" that inulin is on the forbidden list, does this mean that the inulin fiber in the stevia plus contains gluten?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry you didn't get an answer to this sooner. Here's what I just found at sweetleaf.com:

Q: What is the Inulin Fiber (FOS) used in SteviaPlus Fiber?

A: Inulin is a natural extract from chicory or other vegetables. It is a probiotic enhancer. It feeds the friendly bacteria in the intestines and is a natural fiber. Our FOS comes from Belgian endive.

Looks OK!

I usually use the pure stevia, without any fillers. It's more concentrated and a lot less is needed for sweetness. I should pick up a box of the "stevia plus" in little packets to take with me, but for the time being I just have the little shaker bottle at home.

I have issues with yeast and now I believe may have celiac disease. I use stevia plus with inulin fiber, it's supposed to nourish the good bacteria. I read in "wheat free, worry free" that inulin is on the forbidden list, does this mean that the inulin fiber in the stevia plus contains gluten?

Ruth, single mom to DD1, 14, DD2, 113, and DS, 7

Kosher, low carb (since 6/3/07), gluten free (since 11/15/07), dairy free, mostly legume (incl. soy) free since 2/7/08. Now on the Blood Type Diet (type O) which includes cutting out corn as well. I have fibromyalgia and this diet is helping me feel better.