Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yesterday when I was at wholefoods someone told me that there wasn't any gluten in wheat grass??? Could this be true??? I'd love to be able to drink those great green drinks but I was operating under the perception that I couldn't have wheat grass. The person I spoke to thought this was ridiculous?? So confused . . . . :(

Pre-diagnosis misdiagnoses: endometriosis, migraines, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis

Diagnosed April 2006 with multiple food sensitivities (gluten, yeast, eggs, cow dairy, legumes, some nuts and veggies) and a systemic candida infection -no pre-diagnosis symptoms since!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You were right, and that person who you talked to is the one being ridiculous, not you.

Even though theoretically wheat grass shouldn't contain gluten, the risk of contamination is too high to bother with it.

Others have tried using wheat grass and reacted to it. It is your choice if you want to try it. But personally, I wouldn't do it (and the same goes for barley grass).

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like Ursa said, you were right. At our farmers market there is a nice couple selling wheat grass that they said was gluten free until I gave them a bunch of papers I got of the net saying otherwise. There is no way we should consume it as there is still enough gluten protein to make us miserable.

Yesterday when I was at wholefoods someone told me that there wasn't any gluten in wheat grass??? Could this be true??? I'd love to be able to drink those great green drinks but I was operating under the perception that I couldn't have wheat grass. The person I spoke to thought this was ridiculous?? So confused . . . . :(

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator