Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akcandle

-blood Results And + Biopsy

I have had a chance to read a lot of your posts and feel like I have more information on the subject.

I just got back from yet another gastro appt. I won't even mention my doc's reaction when I started quoting from the Enterolab web site..... :rolleyes:

He did agree to put me back on for the upper endo for a biopsy and did admit that he has had patients in the past test negative on the blood path and then positive on the intestinal biopsy. My question is for all of you, how many of you have had the same, negative blood and positive biopsy?

Im just trying to decide if I really want the biopsy or give myself a rest period and just go gluten-free and see if I feel better?

Thanks for listening

Carla

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I always vote to go gluten-free. Feeling better and better every day is hard to beat.

The endoscopy looks for villi damage and the info i read when i 1st went gluten-free last year said it's 6 mo - 2 yrs for them to fully heal. Don't make yourself sick for a scope that can see damaged villi w/out making yourself sick.

Carla--What if the biopsy comes back negative--then what? Many times a biopsy will come back negative--you can be gluten intolerant and not have severe damage as of yet and what if the area they tests doesnt show damage yet, but there is damage in an untouched area---myself, I dont need a biopsy to know i must be gluten-free--its a personnel choice--I'm with Tom--feeling beter day after day is hard to beat ;) Deb

I've thought and thought and thought about this and with my family history, my current symptoms (7 months of them)a sure fire trigger (Started immediately following the birth of my 3rd child), a recent colonoscopy that showd a healthy bowel (and a couple benign polyps they removed) I have decided to cancel the upper endo. I have been tested and tested and tested with blood tests, stool tests etc and I am just so exausted with the I don't know's. I am kinda done for a while. Im already sick so I am going to try and enjoy my last Christmas holiday eating all the crap I want and then switch to Gluten free and see if I feel better. If I do, then Ill spend the $$ and pop for the Enterolab tests. I think this is best. I just love food, as I have mentioned before (Emril is my hero) I'll just learn to cook/grill/roast/bake things that are gluten free! My new project. (sigh)

All that matter's to me at this point is to feel better. The worst is having to "lamaze breathe" to make it through the abdominal cramps while I am desperately searching for a bathroom (why is it our bowels just KNOW when we are in the car or in a public place???) several times a day.

There just comes a point to being continually poked and prodded where you finally are just "ENOUGH"

I certainly am preaching to the choir aren't I? ;):lol:

Thanks guys

Carla

Edited for horrible typo's! ;)

Yes, you are preaching to the choir, don't we sing so magnificently! :lol: Many of us have been in your position, and know exactly how you feel! Give yourself a rest and enjoy your holidays!