Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gdobson

Celiac 5k In Baltimore

My family and I are getting geared up for the Celiac 5k walk/run in Baltimore on May 4th.

We had a great time last year and got to try and buy lots of great foods - donuts, pizza, french bread... :P

Anyone else planning on going??

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had no idea there was such a thing, but how cool is that!! I love doing 5Ks. I'm not sure if I'll make it, but if it's an annual thing, we can definitely plan. But I am going to look into that, Baltimore is not so far away from me. Plus, I have a ton of fam in VA that I could visit that are about 2 hrs away... HMMMM... and get to try pizza.... the allure is growing stronger... :rolleyes:

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Definitely worth the trip! And they have some great (safe) restaurants there, too. My son cried when we left last year - he was so happy to have so much to eat out in public.

Anyway, check out the site at www.celiaccenter.org. You'll see celiac 5k walk/run on the left side bar. They have them in several states.

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Sure - I've got it at home, though. I'm at work - oops

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Happy Girl,

OK, here are the places someone from the celiac center recommended:

Great Sage

Austin Grill

Legal Seafoods

McCormick & Schmicks

We ate at Austin Grill (yum) and Great Sage (double yum!). Both have websites. We didn't need to take our own menus.

Of course, this was a year ago. Hope they haven't changed!

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Austin Grill is our absolute favorite restaurant...luckily there are 8 of them in the DC metro area. They are absolutely awesome, and I'm an extremely sensitive Celiac.

Legal Seafoods is great, also!

M&S is pretty $$, but I've never heard of Great Sage, so I'll look into it. Thanks for the info-I appreciate it.

Austin Grill is our absolute favorite restaurant...luckily there are 8 of them in the DC metro area. They are absolutely awesome, and I'm an extremely sensitive Celiac.

Legal Seafoods is great, also!

M&S is pretty $$, but I've never heard of Great Sage, so I'll look into it. Thanks for the info-I appreciate it.

The website is http://www.great-sage.com/ in case you hadn't found it already.

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

My family and I are getting geared up for the Celiac 5k walk/run in Baltimore on May 4th.

We had a great time last year and got to try and buy lots of great foods - donuts, pizza, french bread... :P

Anyone else planning on going??

Gina

Yes!! I'm going! Can't wait. I live in Baltimore, so how can I *not* go? :)

Carolyn