Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imsohungry

Pet Peeves Anyone?

Pet peeve of the day...

Computer hackers who can't spell. These idiots invade our computer and steal our personal information so they must have some brains to figure out how to do it. The question is: Why can't they spell? Tough luck...their loss is our gain.

I've decided it's fairly easy to decipher which message in my e-mail account are real. Simply look at the title.

These are just a few of the titles I've received:

"TRANSFER OF FUNDS SUCCESSFULL"

"YOUR WACOVIA CHECKING ACCOUNT"

"EMPRES YOUR WOMAN WITH YOUR MANLYNESS" (UMMM...HELLO?) :o

"OPEN IMEDIATLY"

AND....

"YOU MAY BE A WEINNER" :blink:

Message to hackers, spammers, and phishers...stay the heck out of my computer!

YOU'LL NEVER IMEDIATLY OR SUCCESSFULY EMPRES WACOVIA WITH THE MANLYNESS OF YOUR WEINNER! :rolleyes:

Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I totally agree!!! But I think most of the e-mails are comming from third world countries. I have several from Kenya. AND I NEVER OPEN THEM UP.

Don't you wonder how they got you e-mail in the first place. It's driving me crazy wondering.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

YOU'LL NEVER IMEDIATLY OR SUCCESSFULY EMPRES WACOVIA WITH THE MANLYNESS OF YOUR WEINNER! :rolleyes:

Julie

That just killed me LOL!

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

At work we have a spam folder, and the only emails I only get are all R-rated....one of the best is make your tool as big as a tower.

All of them directed towards men....but still....

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

At work we have a spam folder, and the only emails I only get are all R-rated....one of the best is make your tool as big as a tower.

All of them directed towards men....but still....

I get a lot of R-rated e-mails too. Just like you said, all of them are for men...I was wondering if I ever visited a site with a spyware cookie that mistook me for a man.

I've also had an increase in the number of e-mails that are just random symbols in the title. Like: ^*&^#! Anyone else? What is that about? :rolleyes:

Julie

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

YOU'LL NEVER IMEDIATLY OR SUCCESSFULY EMPRES WACOVIA WITH THE MANLYNESS OF YOUR WEINNER!

:lol:

make your tool as big as a tower

:lol:

I get these too and thankfully most of them are filtered out by my spam folder. Unfortunately I have to go through my spam folder often because it seems some of my legit emials land in there at times, and every once in a while one of the spam emails makes it into my inbox.

I did notice anytime I register at different websites I get an influx of the spam emails, so I wonder if they are selling email addresses? :huh:

I'm so sick of this stuff too, if I had a millimeter for each time I could empress someone with my "MANLYNESS" I could stand here in hawaii and relieve myself in California :blink:

Pet peeve of the day...

Computer hackers who can't spell. These idiots invade our computer and steal our personal information so they must have some brains to figure out how to do it. The question is: Why can't they spell? Tough luck...their loss is our gain.

I've decided it's fairly easy to decipher which message in my e-mail account are real. Simply look at the title.

These are just a few of the titles I've received:

"TRANSFER OF FUNDS SUCCESSFULL"

"YOUR WACOVIA CHECKING ACCOUNT"

"EMPRES YOUR WOMAN WITH YOUR MANLYNESS" (UMMM...HELLO?) :o

"OPEN IMEDIATLY"

AND....

"YOU MAY BE A WEINNER" :blink:

Julie

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Little bit of a tech side here ...

They HAVE to misspell some words to get through spam filters. If i sent an e-mail with the correct words... they would be filtered out as spam because that is what most spam filters do.. where empress is not a common word and is not usual to use in a solitiation.

Also, Often times if you open an e-mail and unsubscribe they just use it to verify this is a good e-mail that you will read, and sell it. Only use the "unsubscribe" button if it is a legitmate company or site, but better yet go to the site it's from first.. never click a link in a e-mail!

Stay safe out there...!

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

The best spam mail I got this morning....don't keep losing your manliness over your small tool....we have something that will stretch your member to its limits...

and this comes to my work account!

36_22_10[1].gif

I get a lot of R-rated e-mails too. Just like you said, all of them are for men...I was wondering if I ever visited a site with a spyware cookie that mistook me for a man.

I've also had an increase in the number of e-mails that are just random symbols in the title. Like: ^*&^#! Anyone else? What is that about? :rolleyes:

Julie

It's an attempt to get around the spam filters...same for the misspelled words...spam is looking for the correct spellling....

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Well, it's not just emails. Yahoo is the worst messenger for letting these spammers in. I never have this problem in MSN or AOL. I get these guys all the time IMing me in yahoo, they think I am so beautiful, they are looking for a woman just like me, they are recently divorced, always have 1 son, who usually is a teenager, and 9 times out of 10, they are working out of the country, but are from some state in the USA. Which by the way, usually is the first clue, we never say we live in NY, USA. Sometimes, depending on my frame of mind, I will mess with them. One guy, was living in northern Arizona and told me he was working off an oil rig in the ocean, north of there! Ok buddy, let me sell you some ocean front property!!!!! :P The truly amazing thing are the people who fall for these scams, it's really sad.

So many here have been falling for this car scam. They find an ad in the newspaper for a car for sale. They agree to meet the person somewhere, no one wants to meet anyone at their homes anymore, so they go to a mutual place. The honest person gets there, the dishonest person steals their money and disappears! It's a sad world.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Well, it's not just emails. Yahoo is the worst messenger for letting these spammers in. I never have this problem in MSN or AOL. I get these guys all the time IMing me in yahoo, they think I am so beautiful, they are looking for a woman just like me, they are recently divorced, always have 1 son, who usually is a teenager, and 9 times out of 10, they are working out of the country, but are from some state in the USA. Which by the way, usually is the first clue, we never say we live in NY, USA. Sometimes, depending on my frame of mind, I will mess with them. One guy, was living in northern Arizona and told me he was working off an oil rig in the ocean, north of there! Ok buddy, let me sell you some ocean front property!!!!! :P The truly amazing thing are the people who fall for these scams, it's really sad.

So many here have been falling for this car scam. They find an ad in the newspaper for a car for sale. They agree to meet the person somewhere, no one wants to meet anyone at their homes anymore, so they go to a mutual place. The honest person gets there, the dishonest person steals their money and disappears! It's a sad world.

Wow, never knew things came like this through IM. You should start charging by the minute :)

36_22_10[1].gif

I'm so sick of this stuff too, if I had a millimeter for each time I could empress someone with my "MANLYNESS" I could stand here in hawaii and relieve myself in California :blink:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol::P

I'm enjoying all this info. (Sunny, good post)

We ought to post "Title of the day" (Of course, filtering the x-rated ones).

Hee hee. Finally, a use for all this fartin' or phartin' ???? ;) spam.

Julie

(Garth Brooks).

Also, Often times if you open an e-mail and unsubscribe they just use it to verify this is a good e-mail that you will read, and sell it. Only use the "unsubscribe" button if it is a legitmate company or site, but better yet go to the site it's from first.. never click a link in a e-mail!

Stay safe out there...!

Thanks for this tip :)

Update on this annoying matter!

Due to the overwhelming amount of spam coming into the work accounts they put a new spam quarentine into effect. So now all the X-rated mail will be deleted. At least they are attempting to curve it. Things had been quiet for a few months and all of a sudden the dirty emails started again.

36_22_10[1].gif

Just an obsevation....today it snowed 6-8 inches....so we're out there, the only ones, shoveling around our car. The property is the responsibility of the landlord but I can't seem to giggle a little when I think of the young he-men in my apt. complex whom I see going to the gym with their little bags and when it snows I never, ever see them out there shoveling the snow...even to do it just for the exercise. So here I am a mere woman shoveling the sidewalk just because I want to do it for the exercise. Just a giggle for me on a snowy day.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003