Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mainequeen

Gluten Free Cosmetics And Skin Care

Hi,

This is my first posting and I am glad I found a community. I was diagnosed this summer and have been on a gluten free diet since...lately I have been thinking about topical products and wonder if anyone has heard about any Avon Anew skin care products being safe to use. I totally have been blind about things I put on my skin, lips or hair. I have been only thinking of things I actually eat.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

I don't know about Avon products specifically, one thing you can always do is call the company directly or go to the website.

I found this in the FAQ section at Avon.com:

Does Avon have a listing of products that are gluten free?

Avon VitAdvance Nutritional Supplements (with the exception of VitAdvance Hair Care from Within) are gluten free. Avon SlimWell Chocolate Frosted Peanut and Brownie Crunch Balanced Meal Bars and Balanced Meal Shakes are also gluten-free.

While supplements and food products are fairly straightforward, other Avon products present a challenge. The more obvious ingredients such as wheat proteins found in some of our shampoos and lipsticks would rule out their use by celiacs.

The alcohols used in our products (e.g., benzyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, SD alcohol) can be derived from a grain source. Avon cannot verify the source of the alcohols used in some of our products as our vendors cannot provide us with this information.

I also found this link:

http://www.dfwceliac.org/html/avon.html

As always read the label ingredients as ingredient formulas can always change.

Hope this helps :)

Join eNewsletter

Hi MaineQueen.

Are you from Maine? Welcome- I'm a Maine girl. Lancome has a gluten-free line- Rouge Absolu. Pricey but very good. I'm not sure about others although I think I've read here that Cover Girl is okay, but you'd want to check that. Bare Essentials is gluten-free, too, last I knew.

Good luck,

lisa

Join eNewsletter

I sell Avon (well really just buy for myself at this point) so I have access to Avon's site for a list of ingredients and I can call them (well really anyone can). If you have a list I can look it up for you to get the ingredients if that helps any. I use their products and have no problems. I know some of their things do list wheat..so obviously I don't use that. Just trying to help..let me know!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter