Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiac-mommy

"may Contain Traces Of Wheat....."

I picked up a package of Wasa crackers last night and was looking at the nutritional info. Now clearly I know these are NOT gluten-free, but as I scanned the ingredients, basically 100% rye, listed below was "Allergen info: May contain traces of wheat"

duh

I guess some people can handle rye and not wheat, I just thought it was a little comical. :)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I picked up a package of Wasa crackers last night and was looking at the nutritional info. Now clearly I know these are NOT gluten-free, but as I scanned the ingredients, basically 100% rye, listed below was "Allergen info: May contain traces of wheat"

duh

I guess some people can handle rye and not what, I just thought it was a little comical. :)

Hi 'celiac-mommy',

I believe that there are people who have a wheat intolerance, but are comfortable eating

'rye', 'spelt' etc, (don't you just hate them <ahttps://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif' alt=':angry:'> ). 'Only Joking'

David

Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.

Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests

Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.

Self Taught Baker.

Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

Join eNewsletter

Hi 'celiac-mommy',

I believe that there are people who have a wheat intolerance, but are comfortable eating

'rye', 'spelt' etc, (don't you just hate them :angry: ). 'Only Joking'

David

I know-wish we were one of those :P, it just struck me as funny for some reason-probably because it was 930pm, I'd been up since 6, got 4 hours of sleep the night before (darned hospital call) and I was in the grocery store stocking up for the month since my kids were in bed and I had a moment of peace and quiet. I was a little rummy ;)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

I know-wish we were one of those :P, it just struck me as funny for some reason-probably because it was 930pm, I'd been up since 6, got 4 hours of sleep the night before (darned hospital call) and I was in the grocery store stocking up for the month since my kids were in bed and I had a moment of peace and quiet. I was a little rummy ;)

Heck! we all have our moments when something that we see or hear starts a 'titter'.

I just sent an E-mail a short time ago and was mentioning my brother-in-law,

and added In-laws, Out-laws, John Wayne whatever, I had just slipped into ' Funny half-Hour'. :lol: .

If you can smile and laugh at the 'ridiculous and the sublime' it helps!

Don't take life too seriously, they say laughter is the best medicine (wonder is it a cure for Celiac)? :unsure:

David

Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.

Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests

Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.

Self Taught Baker.

Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

Join eNewsletter

While getting some Immodium not to long ago I accidentally knocked off a box of suppositories, I hope no one saw me (or heard me) laughing as I put it back on the shelf and read "Do not take by mouth" :huh:

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter