Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRUMP 1

Johnny's Seasoning's

I use to use Johnny's before I got sick. But then stopped using it because the big container we had of Johnny's Seasoning Salt said it had flour in it. But the little ones did not say it. Same stuff different size. So we were over at a friends house a couple nights ago. They had fixed a lamp roast and used Johnny's Seasoning on it. I did not eat it because of the wheat that I thought was in it. But when she checked her container there was nothing on it about wheat. So I wrote to the company and asked them to send me a list of their stuff that was gluten free. This is the reply I got back from them.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Johnny's Fine Foods.

Here is a list of all of our Gluten free products.

Seasoning Salt

Pork & Chicken Seasoning

Popcorn Salt

Seafood Seasoning

Great Caesar Garlic Spread and Seasoning

Seasoned Tenderizer

Lamb & Game Seasoning

Vegetable Elegance

Pasta Elegance

Salad Elegance

Jamaica Me Crazy Seasoned Sea Salt

Jamaica Me Crazy Seasoned Pepper

Jamaica Me Steak Seasoning

Jamaica Me Hot n Crazy Seasoned Sea Salt

Jamaica Mistake Dressing Regular/Lite

Jamaica Me Sweet Hot n Crazy Dressing/Marinade

Honey You're Terrific Dressing Regular/Lite

Great Caesar Dressing Regular/Lite

If we can be of any further assistance please contact us at Johnny's.

Thanks again!

Emily White

Customer Service

Johnny's Fine Foods

1(800)962-1462

Now I am wondering if any one else uses Johnny's? I am going to try and call them to talk to them about this but any other info. I could get from any one on here would be great.

Thank you,

Forress, (Grump )

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use to love that stuff. Haven't had any in years, way before gluten-free. I mainly use Toni Chachere's cajun or Zatarain's creole seasonings now.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

Join eNewsletter

Guest Lore

Lately, even though things have said gluten-free, or companies say that they don't put gluten in their items, I have still gotten sick and realized that it was from cross contamination. Be careful... although there may not be gluten in the seasoning, who's to say that it didn't get processed by equipment that makes seasoning that does have gluten. I know that seasoning, I havent used it in a while but it's so good!!!

Join eNewsletter

Here is a copy of a p.m. I got today for some one from Johnny's.

Hello Grump:

How are you doing today? Fine, I hope. My name is Shavonne. I am a representative of Johnny's Fine Foods. We were thrilled to see your posting a message about our gluten-free products. I am writing to clarify some information.

Johnny's Fine Foods manufactures two version of Seasoning Salt:

Johnny's (original) Seasoning Salt

Sizes: 4.75 oz, 8.5 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz, and 5lb

Johnny's Seasoning Salt (no added MSG)

Sizes: 8.5 oz, 42 oz, and 5lb

Our orignal Johnny's Seasoning Salt does not contain gluten.

Our Johnny's Seasoning Salt no added MSG does contain gluten

I hope this additional information is helpful to you.

So I am guessing that if you get the original you will get gluten fee. But then he does not say any thing about CC either. So I am still not sure about using this product yet. Will have to do some more research.

Grump

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

Join eNewsletter

I used to love Johnny's but I haven't eaten it in years because I thought it had MSG in it...

be well!

B)

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter