Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tamedandfoxed

Face Moisturizer

Guest tamedandfoxed

I have been using clinique's free sample moisturizer for awhile but it's almost gone and i never got around to checking it for gluten, but it's too expensive anyway!

So. Any recommendations for a good moisturizer that's gluten-free? I have moderately dry skin, but only after i wash it. Or on a windy day.

Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just recently purchased Neutrogena Sensitive Skin lotion and it's fragrance free.

Their phone number is 800-582-4048 if you want to find out for sure it's gluten free. I threw away the box and therefore cannot write down the ingredients but I believe I did not see any gluten ingredient in it.

It is a light moisturizier and I like the texture of it.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

I have been using clinique's free sample moisturizer for awhile but it's almost gone and i never got around to checking it for gluten, but it's too expensive anyway!

So. Any recommendations for a good moisturizer that's gluten-free? I have moderately dry skin, but only after i wash it. Or on a windy day.

Thanks!

I just recently bought the burt's bee's day moisturizer and really like it. It's gluten free but most importantly not greasy. The night cream sample seemed too greasy so I am using the Dove sensitive skin night cream. Dove is also one that is gluten free or will tell if you not. The burt's bee's is around 13.00 in colorado so not badly priced.

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter