Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radgirl

Store Or Off Brand List

I know there are tons of list floating around regarding gluten-free and brand name products. However, I know that we all cannot afford brand name products and use store or off brand products. Would it be possible to start a thread or list with store/off brand products that do and DO NOT contain gluten, i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, grocery store brands, etc....? Or is there already a list out there?

*NOTE - for store/off brand medications, mouthwashes, body care products, etc....*

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hmm, this isn't such a bad idea...

Stop and Shop clearly labels gluten. Like, in the allergen atatement it says "Contains: Nuts Eggs Milk Gluten".

Also I am OK with store brand rice cakes that are made in a sep. facility- as opposed to quaker. Plus they're oviously cheaper than the lundgerg

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

I know there are tons of list floating around regarding gluten-free and brand name products. However, I know that we all cannot afford brand name products and use store or off brand products. Would it be possible to start a thread or list with store/off brand products that do and DO NOT contain gluten, i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, grocery store brands, etc....? Or is there already a list out there?

I was diagnosed recently with Dermatitis Herpetiformis and have been eating gluten free for about a week. I've wondered the same thing about food lists. It can be very frustrating. Because I have a large family I usually shop at Walmart or one of the local stores where you have to bring your own bags and put a quarter in to use the shopping cart. I was happy to discover an article on the internet that talked about Walmart including Gluten free in the labeling of it's store brand products (since 2006). I have found this to be true. :D I bought the Gluten-Free Grocery Shopping Guide offered for sale on this site and that has been helpful as well. Sometimes it's just less hassle to buy the brand you know is safe. Unfortunately, I haven't found a gluten free multi-vitamin. I used to take the Equate (Wal-mart brand) Complete Multi-Vitamin but I don't know if they're gluten-free. The label doesn't say it is but I read something on line that said it was.

Hopefully someone with more experience can shed more light on the subject. ;)

Join eNewsletter

Wegmans uses Allergen keys, so if the product is gluten free there is a little "G" in a circle, usually the circle is orange too.

There lists is also found at Wegmans.com

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Walmart's gluten free products will say gluten free below the ingredients. SafeWay also has a gluten free list they will give you if you call them.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Walmart's gluten free products will say gluten free below the ingredients. SafeWay also has a gluten free list they will give you if you call them.

I'm not talking about food items. I'm talking about medications, mouthwashes, body care, etc... that are store/off brand names.

Join eNewsletter

We did not know that since you did not specify it in your original post.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter