Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offthegrid

Gfcfsf Multivitamin With Folic Acid?

Doctor chided me for not taking a multivitamin at my annual checkup, and I said it's just too hard to find one that's gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free. He encouraged me to look again. :rolleyes: I've spent about 60 minutes trying to find one online and I'm just not getting there.

Can anyone recommend something? That's preferably not $20 for 30 days' worth? I see plenty that are gluten-free. Plenty that are gluten- and dairy-free. But I haven't found any that are GFCFSF. Also must have folic acid.

Thanks!

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I really like the Kirkman Labs - Perry Prenatal and it's $12 for a 3 month supply. I don't need a pre-natal but this is one of the most rounded GFCFSF multi-vitamins that I could find and it has a good amount of folic acid.

http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/products/multiv...ryprenatal.html

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

Join eNewsletter

I really like the Kirkman Labs - Perry Prenatal and it's $12 for a 3 month supply. I don't need a pre-natal but this is one of the most rounded GFCFSF multi-vitamins that I could find and it has a good amount of folic acid.

http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/products/multiv...ryprenatal.html

I second the Kirkman Lab's prenatal ones. Only ones I have done well on so far. I actually feel real good after starting to eat them. Much more energy. I think I needed them.

One Celiac gene and one gluten intolerance gene (HLA-DQ 2,1).

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, but no nuts, legumes or casein.

Join eNewsletter

I'm deficient in Folic Acid, but I haven't found a good multi that doesn't upset my stomach. I take a Folic acid tablet and calcium chews (with vitamin d) every day. I'm a big fruit/veggie eater so that just about covers it for me. I could probably use some B12 though. But when I take multivitamins I get nauseated.

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

I'm deficient in Folic Acid, but I haven't found a good multi that doesn't upset my stomach. I take a Folic acid tablet and calcium chews (with vitamin d) every day. I'm a big fruit/veggie eater so that just about covers it for me. I could probably use some B12 though. But when I take multivitamins I get nauseated.

I also get nauseated and find that taking my vitamins at bedtime alleviates the nausea.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter