Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've been doing some research on gluten-free Easter candy, but I'm stumped on this one. I know that in general Reese's peanut butter cups are gluten free as well as the miniature cups, but what about the Easter egg shaped ones. I bought a bag today of the Easter egg shaped mini ones (in the yellow wrapper) and did not see anything listed that would indicate that they were not safe. I have eaten three of them and feel as if I've been glutened but not sure if it's from them. Does anyone know the status of these?

Thanks

Stepmomof 2

Married for 5 years

Dx with PCOS February '07

Dx with Celicac disease February '08

Gluten-free since 02-24-08

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's a Hershey product which is now saying that if a product contains "natural flavors" in the ingredients, they can't guarantee it's gluten-free. Their website says this:

How does The Hershey Company manage allergies?

The Hershey Company strives to provide its consumers with accurate, reliable ingredient statements upon which consumers can make their purchase decision. The Hershey Company has an Allergy Task Force that ensures that the ingredient statements are always accurate, and that any allergen statements placed on the label is understandable.

Do your products share plants & equipment?

We take food allergies very seriously at Hershey and have strict procedures in place to prevent crossover of allergens into other products that do not contain the allergen. In instances where we have a concern about possible crossover by an allergen we take the added precaution of including an allergy information statement on the label.

Can you send me an allergen list?

We have found that allergen lists quickly become outdated as our product lines change over time. Rather than have you make purchase decisions based on outdated information, we encourage you to check the ingredient label on the package. This label provides accurate, current information about all the ingredients in the package.

I err on the side of caution and don't buy them, but it's not me, it's my kids' tummies that are affected...

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

If they are the peanut butter eggs that are about the size of a thimble, they are not gluten-free. I just looked at them in the store a few minutes ago and they have wheat flour listed. This is above and beyond any gluten that may be in any natural flavors.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

R M Palmer makes gluten free peanutbutter eggs. They have a gluten free list on their website.

http://www.rmpalmer.com/products.asp?depar...t_id=9341372748

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter