Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MELINE

Lemphoma

Hello everyone

My new doctor said I must have a biopsy to exclude lemphoma....He did not want to say anything more untill we have the results of the biopsy. I can't understand...is it cancer? I am googling it but there is so much information I do not know which one is the right one..anyone with that problem?

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Did the doctor mean Lymphoma? Don't alarm yourself quite yet ... some doctors like to rule out some diseases first before doing other tests. Were there specific symptoms that made him want to check for that?

Doctors scared my brother doing just the same thing! (and it was NOT cancer)

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

daughter is: age 15

central hypotonia and developmental delay

balance issues (rides an adult 3 wheel bike)

hypothyroid 1996

dermatographia - a form of angioedema 2002

celiac 2004 - by endoscopy

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

recovered from Kawasaki (2003)

lactose intolerant - figured out in Oct/06

Gilberts syndrome (April/07)

allergy to stinging insects

scoliosis Jan 2008

nightshade intolerance - figured out April 2008

allergy to Sulfa antibiotics

son is 13

type 1 diabetic - 2003 diagnosed on his 9th birthday

celiac - 2004 by endoscopy

lactose intolerant - figured out Nov/06

Join eNewsletter

Is it lymphoma?? sorry my english is not very good. In greek it is called lemphoma and I thought that was the word....Anyway.....Glad your brother is ok. Doctor said we should check it because I was missdiagnosed for 12 years, I kept getting gluten and now that I've been gluten free for 4 months I still have severe intestine pain and nausea (about 5 times / month)..He said that there is a chance and that we should check it......I still do not know what lymphoma is....He said it is not something fatal and that's all....

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Join eNewsletter

My GI also said that it's important for us to be screened for lymphoma. It's something that Celiacs need to be aware of.

Mine uses an upper GI to check, though, not an endoscopy.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

My GI also said that it's important for us to be screened for lymphoma. It's something that Celiacs need to be aware of.

Mine uses an upper GI to check, though, not an endoscopy.

He said gastroscopy and colonoscopy....I am a little bit confused I do not know the difference with endoscopy....anyway....ok of course I'll check it since he said so...but I am a little bit terrified...

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Join eNewsletter

gastroscopy = they look at the stomach

endocscopy = looking at the stoamch and then small intestine (the part of the gut that is right after the stomach)

colonoscopy = looking at the large intestine.

In each type of examination they use a thin flexible tube with a light and camera on the end, they can also take small tissue samples with this "tube". The name of the tube is an "endoscope"

Many endoscopic procedures are considered to be relatively painless and, at worst, associated with mild discomfort.

Endoscopy means looking inside and typically refers to looking inside the body for medical reasons using an instrument called an endoscope.

Please talk to the nurse or the doctor about your fears and have them explain it to you. It is scary when doctors wnat to do tests, and normal to be fearful. Post here as often as you need to!

It sounds like your doctor is very good - he is wanting to be thorough and that is a good thing. :)

Take care and let us know how things turn out...and how you are doing :)

Sandy

Is it lymphoma?? sorry my english is not very good. In greek it is called lemphoma and I thought that was the word..

Cool, now I know some greek!

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

hypothyroid 1996

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

scoliosis Jan 2008

son is 13

Join eNewsletter

gastroscopy = they look at the stomach

endocscopy = looking at the stoamch and then small intestine (the part of the gut that is right after the stomach)

colonoscopy = looking at the large intestine.

In each type of examination they use a thin flexible tube with a light and camera on the end, they can also take small tissue samples with this "tube". The name of the tube is an "endoscope"

Many endoscopic procedures are considered to be relatively painless and, at worst, associated with mild discomfort.

Endoscopy means looking inside and typically refers to looking inside the body for medical reasons using an instrument called an endoscope.

Please talk to the nurse or the doctor about your fears and have them explain it to you. It is scary when doctors wnat to do tests, and normal to be fearful. Post here as often as you need to!

It sounds like your doctor is very good - he is wanting to be thorough and that is a good thing. :)

Take care and let us know how things turn out...and how you are doing :)

Sandy

Cool, now I know some greek!

sandy thank you so much for the support....I hope too my doctor is worth trusting him. He swears I am not going to feel pain at all, and I just called him about lymphoma and he said that ok there is a possibility but it is something we can deal with. I will let you know about the results...

And guess what.....

Yoy actually speak greek....endoscopy, colonoscopy, gastroscopy are Greek words...It is so cute you trying to explain endoscopy....endo = in, scopy= see, colon=ass...(sorry for the bad word....), gastro=stomach (it is actually ancient greek not modern greek...so you can say you speak like sokrates....much cooler he he ).....I just did not know their medical meaning....I mean ok endoscopy means looking inside, but inside WHAT thing?? Thank you for the explanations..

You are really being helpful here you know. You (may) not understand it but it is really good for me just to know that I can speak to someone about it. I haven't said anything to my boyfiend or my friends cause I don't want to upset them. Of course they will support me no matter what but I just want to protect them in case the whole thing turns out to be nothing bad (I hope that this will be the case).

Thanks again sandy

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Join eNewsletter

I'm really glad your doctor is being careful! :)

I wish everybody's doc was as good....

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050501/practice.html

There is a strong association between celiac disease and gastrointestinal lymphoma. Lymphoma is four to 40 times more common, and death from lymphoma is 11 to 70 times more common, in patients with celiac disease. Delay in diagnosis-and possibly a diagnosis of celiac disease in adulthood as opposed to in childhood-may be associated with poorer outcomes. Several studies suggest that adherence to a GFD reduces the risk of lymphoma in patients with celiac disease.

I don't eat gluten and neither do my cats

Join eNewsletter

I'm really glad your doctor is being careful! :)

I wish everybody's doc was as good....

:rolleyes:

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Join eNewsletter

And guess what.....

Yoy actually speak greek....endoscopy, colonoscopy, gastroscopy are Greek words...It is so cute you trying to explain endoscopy....endo = in, scopy= see, colon=ass...(sorry for the bad word....), gastro=stomach (it is actually ancient greek not modern greek...so you can say you speak like sokrates....much cooler he he ).....I just did not know their medical meaning....I mean ok endoscopy means looking inside, but inside WHAT thing?? Thank you for the explanations..

Thanks again sandy

Your doctor sounds like a good one. You have gotten some good feedback on that.

I just want to thank you for bringing back lots of memories with this post. We had lots of fun in terminology class making new words out of the greek roots. Not wanting to be a rectodynia here, although many here have considered me one :D , and send things off topic. Just wanted to thank you for the memory jog.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Your doctor sounds like a good one. You have gotten some good feedback on that.

I just want to thank you for bringing back lots of memories with this post. We had lots of fun in terminology class making new words out of the greek roots. Not wanting to be a rectodynia here, although many here have considered me one :D , and send things off topic. Just wanted to thank you for the memory jog.

:P glad I made you smile!!!

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Join eNewsletter

so I had my gastroscopy, colonoscopy and biopsy today and thank god no lymphoma for me!!!! the other results will be ready in about 2 weeks, but doc said nothing bad (cancer..) with my intestine or my stomach. I feel better now!!

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Join eNewsletter

Its great news!!!

Now you know its ntohing like that you can relax much more I guess.

Take care

ken

so I had my gastroscopy, colonoscopy and biopsy today and thank god no lymphoma for me!!!! the other results will be ready in about 2 weeks, but doc said nothing bad (cancer..) with my intestine or my stomach. I feel better now!!

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Wonderful news!!!!!!

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

What a relief - That is wonderful news. :)

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

hypothyroid 1996

scoliosis Jan 2008

son is 13

Join eNewsletter