Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

curlyfries

Half Off Sale!omg!

I am so psyched I just had to share! :D I went to my nearby Marsh grocery to pick up a couple items. They have been remodeling and rearranging. In front of the registers were bins of groceries that I assume they were no longer going to stock, all 50%off---nothing was even close to expiration. Imagine my surprise to find potato starch, coconut milk, and all kinds of Thai Kitchen rice noodles, rice pasta w/seasonings, instant soups, and bottled sauces. I think the girl who rang me up was a little annoyed. She had to punch in all th prices by hand :P

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hahahaha i was excited to see the midel cookies on sale, but then I realized they weren't the gluten-free kind. I just can't wait until there's a health food superstore w/ discount food!

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

Sometimes they put Tinkyada pasta on sale at Wegmans for 2 bags for 1.99 or something like that....I fill the cart up. They are generally the cheapiest place to buy pasta anyway so I always grab it there but on sale... I am all for that.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

I'd be excited too! The only thing better than gluten-free food is gluten-free food that's half price. :lol:

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

I am so psyched I just had to share! :D I went to my nearby Marsh grocery to pick up a couple items. They have been remodeling and rearranging. In front of the registers were bins of groceries that I assume they were no longer going to stock, all 50%off---nothing was even close to expiration. Imagine my surprise to find potato starch, coconut milk, and all kinds of Thai Kitchen rice noodles, rice pasta w/seasonings, instant soups, and bottled sauces. I think the girl who rang me up was a little annoyed. She had to punch in all th prices by hand :P

That's great!

And to think when I was a cashier 35 years ago ALL grocery prices were punched in by hand...she should get over herself!

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter