Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest digmom1014

Water-come On!

I guess no more drinking from the tap for me. But the filtered refrig. H2Ois way downstairs in the kitchen!!!

Do you react differently to the tap water upstairs than you do downstairs? The reason I ask is because I am trying to figure something out at my house.

I have a well. I have an expensive filtration system. The only water in the house that smells or is discolored is the upstairs cold water. It smells like sulphur and is tinted brown. Downstairs sources are totally clean.

I have talked to two other people in totally different towns with the same scenario. Upstairs smelss of sulphur downstairs is fine.

I think the vertical plumbing lines have become home to a fungus. I think this is may have contributed to my candida. I don't know how to test this theory though.

Do you react differently to the tap water upstairs than you do downstairs? The reason I ask is because I am trying to figure something out at my house.

I have a well. I have an expensive filtration system. The only water in the house that smells or is discolored is the upstairs cold water. It smells like sulphur and is tinted brown. Downstairs sources are totally clean.

I have talked to two other people in totally different towns with the same scenario. Upstairs smelss of sulphur downstairs is fine.

I think the vertical plumbing lines have become home to a fungus. I think this is may have contributed to my candida. I don't know how to test this theory though.

Simple explanation is that the gases just float up through the water ... the filtration system might get rid of solids but not the gasses that are produced.

I was raised in the country with our own well. Drank our well water all my life as did the rest of my family. Didn't do us any harm.

How do you know ? Most of us would have said the same about our mom's homemade bread until we got diagnosed with celiac disease.

Your presumably here for a reason, my celiac disease was triggered from well water which doesn't mean it would never have developed but saying it never did any harm is a bit of a stretch.

When we lived at our last house city water and swimming pool. We were having a hard time holding the chlorine level in the pool. We noticed that the tap water smelled of chlorine and tested it ~ the level was higher than the swimming pool we dumped about $300 worth of chlorine into! We had to add another chemical to the pool water to keep the chlorine in it.

We now have a very deep well, reverse osmosis system, and water filtration system.

By the way if you drink bottled water from Nestle, you are drinking water from Michigan IMO practically stolen from Michigan.