Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spunky

I Need To Know If I Can Eat This Stuff

Hello...

I'm packing up for a trip and thought canned tuna would be something easy to take for sandwiches, etc., and picked up Kirkland Signature solid white albacore tuna packed in water with salt and pyrophosphate added... I checked all the lists I've got access to for this pyrophosphate stuff and cannot figure out what it's made from.

don't wanna take a chance on getting sick while travelling... and don't have much time left for buying more stuff. I also have plenty of pbj, sardines, canned salmon... tapioca loaf... I mean I probably have enough as it is witout the tuna... but I just want to make sure I've got enough stuff to easily take wihtout needing refrigeration and not get hungry.

Does anybody here know what pyrophospahte is... is it gluten free/????

Need to know soon....thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello...

I'm packing up for a trip and thought canned tuna would be something easy to take for sandwiches, etc., and picked up Kirkland Signature solid white albacore tuna packed in water with salt and pyrophosphate added... I checked all the lists I've got access to for this pyrophosphate stuff and cannot figure out what it's made from.

don't wanna take a chance on getting sick while travelling... and don't have much time left for buying more stuff. I also have plenty of pbj, sardines, canned salmon... tapioca loaf... I mean I probably have enough as it is witout the tuna... but I just want to make sure I've got enough stuff to easily take wihtout needing refrigeration and not get hungry.

Does anybody here know what pyrophospahte is... is it gluten free/????

Need to know soon....thanks!

Sodium pyrophosphate

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Sodium pyrophosphate

Other names tetrasodium pyrophosphate, tetrasodium phosphate

Identifiers

CAS number [7722-88-5]

Properties

Molecular formula Na4P2O7

Molar mass 265.90 g/mol

Appearance Colourless crystals

Except where noted otherwise, data are given for

materials in their standard state

(at 25

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Thanks, Momma Goose..

so it sounds gluten free, although gross! Right?

Hmmm... just don't wanna starve to death on my trip... but if it's gluten free, that's good enough for now... so you think it looks gluten free, right?

Sounds like it to me. As sure as heck wouldn't wanna get a big ol' gluten reaction going while I'm away either.

thanks for your help.