Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jknnej

Endoscopy And Eating Gluten

Ok, opinions please! My GI doc is out of town until the day before my upper endoscopy on Feb. 1 so i can't ask him this question. I have been gluten-free since about Jan. 1.

My upper endoscopy is Feb. 1.

Will being gluten free for one month skew my results? I'm so confused. Should I go back to eating gluten or just stay gluten-free?

Help!

Also, did anyone else notice with their colonoscopies...Since having mine on Dec. 28 my right side has been hurting. It feels like it's bruised, kind of. I'm afraid of the upper scope b/c I don't want more side effects of these tests.

It's been almost a month since the test..maybe it is completely unrelated. Any thoughts? Asked my regular doc; she said it's nothing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hmm....I'd talk to your doctor about this. The good thing is that it's only been a month about three weeks--not long enough for too much healing. The bad thing is that you only have ten days to cram. I think you'd be okay as long as you eat a lot of gluten--like a bagel in the morning, sandwich at lunch, pasta dinner...you get my point.