Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lux

Poll

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Do you want to get an idea for the average rxn time to see if you possibly have another unknown intolerance?

Edit: To answer your question, it takes me close to a week before I feel completely over it.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

It generally takes me about 3 weeks to fully recover. Each person is different, though, with some rebounding more quickly and some taking longer. It's highly individual.

Hope this helps.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

ok.. I got you now :)

When I get glutened, I get a burning in my small intestine... right across my where my belly button is. And I get a headache... a throbbing one to be exact. I went for a few weeks where I would get the same burning sensation, and a mild headache, but was sure I hadn't had gluten. I paid attention and realized very quickly it was dairy... I don't recall ever being intolerant to dairy/casein, but now I am. So, it could very well be something else if you are very careful!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

About three weeks for me. One week of my stomach hurting, one week of joint/muscle pain, one week of being very tired and grumpy. Luckily none of these symptoms are very severe so I can still go about my normal life.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

I am going on 1 month tomorrow and still not doing any better. I CANT heal! It is driving me crazy. For the most part it only takes me 2 weeks max, but this time has killed me.

Gluten Free going on 5 years and counting!

gluten-free is a life change and not a diet.

2.5 years on bone density drugs. I don't have a noticeable response.. until you check my bone density.

Gluten Free since 2003