This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Quick, Easy, & Tasty Recipes?

Live2BWell

Live2BWell Enthusiast

I'm the only gluten-free person in my home, and if ever there is more than just me eating gluten free, it's only two of us. I have been Gluten Free for only 10 days now, and I am finding that meal planning is essential to being successfully gluten free (and not caught in a bind!)

I am realizing more and more that the "swing by the store to pick something up", does not work for being gluten free :huh:

I could use some quick, easy, & tasty recipes for one (or two) - and any other advice you all can give me. I'm starting to get tired of veggies, stirfrying meat, and rice noodles ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I'm always a big fan of breakfast for dinner, vegetable frittata's, hashbrown casserole, baked oatmeal (if you can do oatmeal and you like it--search "baked oatmeal" here for my recipe, it's soooo good), scrambled eggs with peppers and onions and Jimmy Dean turkey sausages. My kids' all-time favorite (I think it's pretty good too :P ) is a Vans waffle, thin spread of peanut butter, sliced bananas and strawberries on top, dollop of vanilla yogurt and a DRIZZLE of chocolate sauce or a few choco-chips--they think they're getting dessert for dinner and it's healthier than pouring syrup on top...

Quick skillet lasagna--1 serving pasta sauce, 1 serving cooked noodles, 1 serving frozen spinach, 1/2c cottage cheese, mozzerella cheese (to your liking) toss in a skillet or saucepan till warm, make more and save for cold leftovers. You can always add meat if you like.

chicken cordon bleu (sp??)- make slit in meaty side of boneless chicken breast, lay 1 piece of cheese on 1-2 pieces of ham lunchmeat (I like smoked gouda cheese, it melts but retains its shape so it doesn't leave the chicken) roll up and stuff into pocket, bake 35-45 minutes (350)

gluten-free chicken sausages (We like the Causal Gourmet ones from Costco) grilled, served with roasted potatoes tossed with olive oil, rosemary and garlic (or a bag of the Alexia ones) and spinach salad--This is what we had for dinner tonight

One of my favorites is to dredge shrimp, white fish of any kind or chicken in egg, then almond flour, then egg, then shredded unsweetened coconut, bake on a sprayed cookie sheet--time depends on what you're cooking.

Those are a few of my easy favorites. Hope it helps some...

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast

In our household it is just my husband and I (and two dogs haha).... If it is more of a fend for yourself night I'll make things such as (we still always eat together but just make our own things):

*Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles with EVOO, Italian Seasoning, Pepper and Parmesean Cheese

*Ancient Harvest Spaghetti Noodles with Classico Sauce and Mixed Vegetables all together (instead of ground beef) this will make two nights dinner + some

*Dinty Moore Beef Stew with a little cheese in it

*Uncle Ben's Instant Brown Rice with vegetables or some type of meat in it (or both)

*Turkey Sandwich with something to the side

*Home made mac and cheese (1 cup of noodles with some cheese and milk)

*Stagg Chili with some fruit or something else

*Hot dogs with something to the side

*Wendy's chili

*Delimex Tamales with a side salad

*Gluten Free Pasta Salad

*Baked Potato

-I just got a Quiche pan today and am hoping to try it sometime in the next month or two (busy right now with work ahhh)

Some Gluten Free Meals that the two of us have:

*Tacos

*Hamburgers (I don't use a bun - sometimes my husband does and something not)

*Spaghetti

*Steak

*Chicken

*Home made gluten free pizza (or I make one and then we pick him up one somewhere local)

We went through the whole...we are running late with dinner lets go pick something up (fast food) but then realize we couldn't get our normal stuff anymore. We occationally go to Wendy's for Chili when it gets too late and we are tired to cook.

GOOD LUCK :)

amybeth Enthusiast

Taste of Thai -- Spicy Peanut Bake --- It's GREAT on chicken and only 25 minutes. My non gluten-free husband LOVES it over a bed of rice, and it keeps nicely if you want to make some for leftovers. I hate going through all the trouble of cooking for 1 -- anything I can do that gives good leftovers is fabulous.

If you go to cookinglight.com they have a Greek Lamb Pilaf dish that is good, although a bit labor intensive. We cooked it with ground beef instead of ground lamb, and it also was great leftovers.

Hamsteaks with SteamFresh veggies

If you have a foreman grill (or regular grill) marinade chicken breast in italian dressing (Kraft) and grill. Flavorful and easy.

Bell and Evans gluten-free nuggets/patties/tenders for a quick night. We take patties and pour on a little Ragu Pizza Quick Sauce and some shredded Italian cheese for fake Chicken Parm.

Vans gluten-free Apple and Cinnamon Waffles - Yum!

Purdue Short cuts (We like the Southwest variety) over a salad full of veggies

purple Community Regular

How about my dd favorite who hates to cook:

Layered bean dip...stir 1 T. of McCormick taco seasoning into 1 can of gluten-free refried beans, then spread into a pie plate. Top with all your favorites. If you like homemade guacamole then spread it on the beans and cover it with salsa or sour cream(prevents it from turning brown), sprinkle on green onions, cheese, tomatoes, olives and whatever else. You can do his and hers by putting his favorites on 1/2 and yours on the other 1/2. Serve with tortilla chips. This would work great for a picnic, take for lunch at work or a potluck dish.

I love beef or chicken enchiladas. You can stack them up, takes 5 or 6 shells, instead of rolling or laying flat. Add sauce on each tortilla with other things like meat, cheese, refried beans, green chilis...Put into a deep casserole, pour more sauce on top and cover with foil, bake. Cut into pie shaped wedges and serve with corn or rice.

Chicken strips dipped in milk and rolled in gluten-free crumbs(add seasonings if desired) Rice chex, gluten-free cornflakes, tortilla chips, or gluten-free ranch doritos. Bake on a greased foil lined cookie sheet 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes. Throw on some jojos(toss in a bag that has a bit of oil and seasonings, spray the sheet). Dip in your fav sauce bbq, honey mustard, fry sauce.

Fajitas- peppers, onions, beef or chicken all cut into strips, and stir fried, add seasonings and serve on a gluten-free tortilla or on top of rice.

Taco salad, tacos and nachos...yum

Try to add beans to your dishes to get extra fiber, protein, variety, texture, color...

My other dd likes refried beans mixed with a drained can of black beans as a side dish or a meal itself.

Breakfast burritos. Ham, bacon, or sausage and cheese, egg and hashbrowns or leftover fried potatoes.

Make extra baked potatoes, top with gluten-free chili then slice and fry up the leftovers for breakfast.

Fried rice.

Chicken Alfredo-Cooked chicken, Bertoli Alfredo sauce, Tinkyada pasta, mozzarella/cheddar and anything else like veggies, garlic, onions, tomatoes, seasonings...Heat up in the same pan as the pasta or bake.

Freeze some leftovers from your meals to have as an entree later in the month or for a fast meal. I put mine in a ziploc bag then a plastic container, label and date, then freeze. Cut open the bag and plop out into a glass bowl to microwave or pan heat. No mess. Easy to take to work if you have a microwave there.

Make extra meats for sloppy joes, tacos, etc. and freeze it as stated above. Use for a fast meal with tortillas, or chips or leftover rice.

missy'smom Collaborator

I cook for one or two most meals and make things in batches once in a while and freeze so that a always have a stash of homemade convenience foods on hand. If I make one new batch of something a week or every other week, then I end up with a good variety.

You can make a full recipe of meatloaf and split it into smaller free form loaves for one or two and place them in baking dishes and bake. Freeze extra ones. Use an icecream scoop and plop them into muffin cups and put a little sauce on each and bake and freeze for lunchbox main dishes.

I make something like purples stacked enchiladas. I use 3 tortillas for an individual one. I have round freezable, microwave, and oven safe casseroles that are the same size as a small tortilla and layer the stuff in those and freeze. I make more than one at a time. Straight to the oven or microwave when I want to have one.

Jestgar Rising Star

I agree. When ever anything requires effort I make a bunch and freeze individual portions. I also keep a freezer full of precut veggies, cooked shrimp, cooked chicken strips, chopped ham, anything.

I find just about everything goes with eggs, or on a taco shell.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Generic Apprentice

My latest easy dinner is pizza. I use Trader Joe's rice tortillias as the base. Layer on pizza sauce, mozzarella and whatever topping you want and bake on 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. A little longer if you like the cheese browned. It is like a thin crust pizza and super easy.

munchkinette Collaborator

I got a grill pan from Calophon. (Not sure of spelling.) I just grill up a whole package of chicken breasts, slice them up, and keep the meat in a tupperware.

I have a ton of different sauces in my fridge- some pre-made, some that I made myself. I just pick a different one and add it to the chicken. (or beef, or whatever)

I also buy chopped vegies in bags or pre-chop them myself. Then all I have to do is dump them in a baking dish and put them in the oven at 400.

I always have tons of stuff in my freezer. Just make sure to label and date, or else you won't use it because you won't know how old it is.

Archived