This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Picked Up Some Neem, Will Let You Know How It Goes.

Pyro

ShayFL Enthusiast

If I ate 2 pints of ice cream and figs.....I think I would end up in the ER. :P

Neem isnt a cure all. But it does kill off things that dont belong in your body. Like I said, I am rotating. The GSE is giving me some D now and again. But nothing like I was before gluten-free and grain free. It is die off.

I am going to keep at it.

Feeling fine. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Pyro Enthusiast

I would say the neem is worth it. I still get bloated, but it feels different. Less gassy and more unnoticeable. Also I think it's a lot less than before.

There's still three days worth of pills left in the bottle but I kind of felt like I should just stop taking them. Should I take the rest?

ShayFL Enthusiast

I took the Neem for about 4 weeks then stopped. I have some leftover. I thought I might use them incase I ever get a stomach bug.

I am glad that the Neem helped you (even if a little). I can still get some bloat too if I eat something weird (I tried hemp protein the other day and bloated up). But eating my regular normal diet now does not cause me any bloat at all since the Neem. :)

bakingbarb Enthusiast

Something you said really caught my eye....

what do you mean about your legs are no longer desperately empty of glycogen?

Please explain as much as possible. I have such bad leg fatigue and I am looking for answers!

I'm almost done with my bottle.

My stomach still gets bloated, but it feels a lot better (less burning and pain. Though it could be because of the ginger and acidophilus which I started supplementing about 4 days ago). Right now it's pretty bloated, but that's to be expected (but maybe not). Last night I had two pints of ice cream, figs, and bananas for a refeed. Definitely a good choice. I no longer feel weak and listless like I was for the last couple of days and my legs are no longer desperately empty of glycogen. My C hasn't really let up and was pretty bad for the last few days. This morning I had some serious D, but not much consdiering all the food I ate and all the food from the last few days that hasn't really gone through. Oh well.

Pyro Enthusiast

Oh, well I go to the gym often and do a lot of cardio and leg work so my legs get pretty "empty". My refeeds help combat that.

mamaw Community Regular

Neem, I have been trying it for bloating. And I think it has helped but I've only been on it for a few days. I'm taking three a day as it states. One day in the afternoon I slept for 1 1/2 hours very restful sleep which I never sleep well so I'm excited that maybe this is helping something> I've done GSE when I had the flu. I did rid seem to have a lot of bowel movement for a day but then I'm back to normal for me..........my energy level & mood have also seemed to improve too... I'm going to finish the bottle& go from there.....

blessings

sande

ShayFL Enthusiast

Im not sure I would use it continuously. Generally herbs should be cycled. 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off. I know in India that Neem is their most popular contraceptive. Sooooo if you are TTC....DO NOT TAKE NEEM!! That goes for male or female. Neither partner should take it if you want to get pregnant. It is also used in India to control Diabetes. It loweres BS, so keep this in mind if you tend toward hypoglycemia. Keep an eye on it.

So glad it is helping others with bloat. I didnt know if I was a fluke or not.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LuvMoosic4life Collaborator
I picked up this kind:

Open Original Shared Link

And will follow the directions: take 2 three times a day.

Another forum member claimed this STOPPED her bloating. With bloating ruining a majority of my days, I'm really hoping for something to work. Since the dose is so high, my bottle should run out in about 2 weeks (100/6 is 16 days) and will have something to say by then.

BTW I was also taking revitalx and while it's okay, I don't know if I will buy it again. Though it makes me wonder if I was wasting it all this time because I was taking it in soy milk. I don't think I have problems with soy, but if my stomach is still mildy uncomfortable right now who knows. This game is such a pain, isn't it? We'll see in the next couple of days because my soy milk ran out and I picked up some almond milk instead. This time from Pacific instead of Almond Breeze because that brand brings back awful memories. :lol:

I'm just curious, because I have been having bloating off and on- is your bloating gassy bloating, or just bloating?? I know not a very specific question, I dont know how to explain it. but I ask b/c my bloating I've been experiencing seems to get worse as the day goes on, but it isnt like when I was on gluten where I would be bloated and extremly gassy. This bloating is differnat, almost like water retention, though I do have some gas and pain in my mid stomach, it cant even compare to the hell I went through for 7 years. It seems worse when I have saltier foods, but I watch my sodium, even though I shouldnt have to, I'm 22 and a runner, but I've noticed the correlation.......so annoying. I'm willing to give neem a try.

ShayFL Enthusiast

Like you, mine was bloating without a lot of end product. ;) I was much gassier before gluten-free. This was different. Yes.

Archived