Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Ridin' The Storm Out

dksart

Glad you checked in. I've been thinking about you.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Thanks again for everyone's concern and thoughts. I appreciate the messages and pm's from all of you.

"...I tried to explain to the waiter that I could not have anything with flour so he took the flower off the table..."

Live your life each day

greet the tides my friend

we're all nomads; forever on our way

a journey to the end.

Our daughter, in Lafayette, got her power back last night and never lost water or sewage at all. They did get a lot of wind damage in the area, but none to her apartment complex.

So glad you are doing OK

My friends are in Lafayette so happy to hear this also

Thanks Judy

Judy in Southern CA

Glad to hear your all right. I hope things can get back to 'normal' for you soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I.K.E......Corrumba!! He is already a Cat.3 and nothing but warm open water to let him get stronger. Aiming directly for Florida.....so I am watching closely to see what this B*s*t*rd is going to do. :angry:

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

I.K.E......Corrumba!! He is already a Cat.3 and nothing but warm open water to let him get stronger. Aiming directly for Florida.....so I am watching closely to see what this B*s*t*rd is going to do. :angry:

DUCK Shay DUCK!!

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Glad to hear your all right. I hope things can get back to 'normal' for you soon.

I'll let you know when they get back to 'normal' after Katrina! :rolleyes:

We are really fine, only very minor wind damage.

Last night we had another scare with all of the flash flooding and tornado warnings in the area. A tornado hit just north of here and there was an an emergency evac of a neighboring town, due to flash flooding. These rain bands won't go away and rivers and bayous were topping over.

On a more disgusting note.......The worst things are that we still can't bathe, wash clothes, do dishes or flush (the last being #1 on the list.)

"...I tried to explain to the waiter that I could not have anything with flour so he took the flower off the table..."

Live your life each day

a journey to the end.

I'll let you know when they get back to 'normal' after Katrina! :rolleyes:

We are really fine, only very minor wind damage.

Last night we had another scare with all of the flash flooding and tornado warnings in the area. A tornado hit just north of here and there was an an emergency evac of a neighboring town, due to flash flooding. These rain bands won't go away and rivers and bayous were topping over.

On a more disgusting note.......The worst things are that we still can't bathe, wash clothes, do dishes or flush (the last being #1 on the list.)

Shovel, baby, shovel...... :D

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

We can flush! Perfect timing, too. I ate some hummus that had 'natural flavors' in it. I am so good about things like that, I must've skipped right over it when I read the ingredients. Boy am I paying for it now. All 10 people here (we are my family's evacuation shelter) have been super careful not to cc me and I did it to myself!

Thank goodness we can flush, bathe etc. We have been washing clothes and dishes all day!

My sister and my brother (plus my sis-in-law and their two kids) just found out their power, water and sewage are back up, so they will clear out tomorrow morning. My parents still do not have power or phones, so they'll be here a while longer.

Oh and, what the bleep is Ike doing?????

Live your life each day

a journey to the end.

Yay, people get excited over flowers, new cars, straight A's, a new job etc.

TOILETS THAT FLUSH! :D

I am so happy for you! :)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Dont look at Ike's current path.....you wont like it. :(

Enjoy those toilets while you can.....

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Hanna's eye just passed here. It's blowing like a son-of-a-gun with Soundside flooding.

I'm not looking forward to the yard clean-up in 98% humidity. :angry:

:( sorry. Stay dry and safe though.

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

We're in CT, waiting for the bloody MONSOON they've been promising. It's rather sunny out, actually, although abysmally humid and hot. I guess it's coming a day or so later than they thought. Freaking weatherpeople. The only profession on earth where you get to be wrong all the time and they still pay you.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

We're in CT, waiting for the bloody MONSOON they've been promising. It's rather sunny out, actually, although abysmally humid and hot. I guess it's coming a day or so later than they thought. Freaking weatherpeople. The only profession on earth where you get to be wrong all the time and they still pay you.

Hey, cut the weatherman some slack --- he's also got the only job where you try to predict the unpredictable. :D

CeeCee

Allergic to: wheat, peanuts and Penicillin

1995 severe anaphylactic reaction to Wheat

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently"--- Henry Ford

It's easy to be a weatherman in New Orleans in the summer. Every day is the same. Hot, 100% humidity and 75% chance of afternoon showers. In September it's exactly the same, but add in....and a 50% chance of hurricane force winds along with flash flooding.

Live your life each day

a journey to the end.

Still watching Ike.....they have a guesstimated track....but these devils have been known to do some crazy things.

Archived